FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nineteen So far. One Week At It!  (Read 1431 times)

CF

Nineteen So far. One Week At It!
« on: Jun 19, 2022, 05:35 PM »
Five today. Biggest one was 26 inches. No keepers yet. 19 stripers so far, one week into it.  Not bad! Hoping to get some big ones!
Fished with a buddy, Kevin, who gave me some pointers last week. He's probably over 50 caught by now. We each got six that day. Tried a local 'known" area a couple times. 4 each time. quite a few misses on tp water and a few shook off. Today, tried another "known" local area for a nobody-home effort. Moved up the cove about half a mile. They were there!!! Got 2 on the first two casts. Had three by the 5 th cast and 4 by cast # 10. The tide was coming fast and put a lot of boulders and rock weed between me and them.Had one more hit there then move a couple hundred yards further up the cove to kind of a beach area at a narrow point in the cove. First cast, #5 for the day. A buddy showed up with his son as I was landing that one. Not another bite... Too bad, we wanted his son to get one. Weird how the just shut off.

These are three from today. All from shore.  Biggest is 26" Looking for a keeper or two!!! (yeah, those are clam holes)
Formerly CLAMFARMER

Smallmouth Squarepants

Re: Nineteen So far. One Week At It!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2022, 07:10 AM »
Good getting on them bud! I was just up that way doing some smallie fishing for the weekend. Had thought about throwing my stuff in the big water but just wanted to get back home. Good to see that they are getting thick up there too.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2022, 08:21 AM »
Nice fish, Joe!  They can definitely move and turn on and off like a faucet.  Good sized rubber net for the C&R.

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2022, 06:56 PM »
Joe, Nice Stripers maybe next time you will get a keeper.
My first trip to the coast I landed 6. 24”-27” . No keepers but almost landed one but when the wave receded my line snapped and watched a 30”-32” go back in Doh!
Here was the biggest that day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.