FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Belgrade vacation  (Read 1742 times)

fish wayniac

Belgrade vacation
« on: Jul 24, 2022, 11:44 AM »
I just got back from my yearly vacation on Great pond. It sure was a hot week so the fishing was a little slow. I made it out trolling at sunrise 6 out of 7 days staying at a camp. It’s nice to be able to walk down to a dock and take off without trailering a boat. I squeaked out a 15” and 16” Brown and many small mouth bass. The biggest Smallie was a fat 18” that gave me a good fight. I also caught a 32”-34”  Pike that was caught on a small shiner on my leadcore rod. I had to shut the motor off to wrestle it in . I took a quick picture then released it. I didn’t want to bother gutting and filleting it. I also caught a smaller one while on anchor while worm burning with the family. The kids got snapped off twice while reeling in to recast . We also caught a few decent size white perch. It was a awesome time !

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: Belgrade vacation
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2022, 01:02 PM »
Congrats on a nice vacation, Wayne.  You got some nice fish in spite of the heat.  I've done very little fishing with the hot weather and low water.

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2022, 06:44 PM »
Nice looking way to spend a week off! I also really like the fish board!

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2022, 02:01 PM »
Nice fish!  Those Great Pond browns are tasty, like 'em better than salmon.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

fish wayniac

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2022, 06:24 PM »
Nice fish!  Those Great Pond browns are tasty, like 'em better than salmon.
Yes, It was good on the grill with butter and spices wrapped up in tin foil.
I don’t eat many trout but this one went belly up . I had to turn the boat around and scoop it up in the net.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.