FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Visiting Maine Aug 24 through 29 (want to fish)  (Read 1899 times)

JakeBlood

Visiting Maine Aug 24 through 29 (want to fish)
« on: Jul 30, 2022, 10:53 PM »
Hey everyone, new to site, first post... I am coming to Maine to visit for about a week. While I am there I want to get out and do some fishing. I will be from out of town, so no boat... I will ultimately purchase a rod and some gear, but was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about where I could go to catch, well.. just about anything that will bite. I will be in the Poland area, but can travel a bit if needed. It will be me and childhood friend. I would like to catch numbers of whatever I catch.. just want to keep setting the hook... Open to ideas, species or locations.. thank you.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: Visiting Maine Aug 24 through 29 (want to fish)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2022, 12:50 PM »
Hi, Jake.  The water is low and warm on most of the flowing water unless you really go over the river and through the woods. That may or may not change in the next 3 weeks.  I don't know the Poland area well, but fishing for warm water species has been OK in the Augusta area.  I also expect you could get into smallies just about anywhere on the Andro. R.

JakeBlood

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2022, 01:30 PM »
Smallies on the Andro is usually my go to... it is just difficult to do without a boat. I usually drive down roads that skirt the river and stop at any access points I find... Looks like that may still be the plan.. I appreciate you. Thank you.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2022, 03:51 PM »
Good luck.  Hope you have a nice visit.

Smallies on the Andro is usually my go to... it is just difficult to do without a boat. I usually drive down roads that skirt the river and stop at any access points I find... Looks like that may still be the plan.. I appreciate you. Thank you.

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2022, 09:23 AM »
As mentioned, the Andro is a reliable resource and fortunately has a generous amount of public access for those on foot.

https://androscogginlandtrust.org/places/trail-maps/
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

JakeBlood

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2022, 01:05 PM »
Thank you for the resource, I will put it to good use..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.