FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: tent or camper?  (Read 47088 times)

troutbum

• Wish I was Fishing!
Re: tent or camper?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 01:41 PM »
when its just me hiking into my favorite brookie ponds or hunting camp I use a 12x12 tarp... maybe 2 of them
when my wife and kids go we have a nice 8 person tent
"Nature hides her secrets because of her essential loftiness, but not by means of ruse."
Einstein

wigen

« Reply #16 on: Jun 11, 2005, 02:05 AM »
tenter all the way, i hate camping and people in their trailers wathing tv, camping for me and the kids is enjoying nature, not bringing home necessities with you, although wife wants a camper, oh well a air mattress makes it a bit more comfy for the women. Id recommend a decent tent, preferrably a eureka, they cost a bit more, but will keep ya dry(ebay is a good way to get a bargin on them, as someone posted earlier). Dicks has them on clearence alot. The sunrise is a great tent. no matter what ya buy make sure you seam seal them, no matter what the salesman tells ya no tent is waterproof out of the box. good luck camping

butterworm

« Reply #17 on: Jun 14, 2005, 08:19 AM »
i usually use a tent . but some times we just take a tarp and build a leantue. seems to
give it that ruffin it feeling.

bw9fish

« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2005, 09:25 AM »
I am a tent/lean-to guy all the way-  Once in a while the gf wants to get a cabin when we go to ASP.  I am sure you all can understand that  ;)
You miss 100% of the opportunities when you do not take the chances.

archbishop

« Reply #19 on: Jun 14, 2005, 09:42 AM »
i totally understand i HAVE to get a cabin every year for a week at ASP but its easier with the kids and wife, less whining  ;)

butterworm

« Reply #20 on: Jun 14, 2005, 09:47 AM »
i totally understand i HAVE to get a cabin every year for a week at ASP but its easier with the kids and wife, less whining  ;)
thats on your part ,right ;)

archbishop

« Reply #21 on: Jun 14, 2005, 09:53 AM »
lol if you could stay up past 9pm you would know who whines ;D but i must admit with the family i would rather be in a cabin than a tent as much crap as they bring

butterworm

« Reply #22 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:15 AM »
at my age its hard to stay up past 9, especially when you get up at 0400am everyday.i understand what you are saying. when we are going to stay there longer than 2 days . the wife makes me get a cabin just because of the critters and the bears.

devil-man

« Reply #23 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:35 AM »
I have to say the ASP is a great place to fish and camp.
I was impressed and will be back there soon.
Where are the tent sites located?

bw9fish

« Reply #24 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:47 AM »
You guys are funny! It sure makes the day go by faster!

There are tent sites in Quaker- Cain Hollow and a few at the Deihl area by the store which are not too bad.
Red House are right along ASP1 across from the store.

I prefer Quaker area because I always get to see bears. 
You miss 100% of the opportunities when you do not take the chances.

butterworm

« Reply #25 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:48 AM »
cain hollow on the quaker side i do beleave.

archbishop

« Reply #26 on: Jun 14, 2005, 11:22 AM »
yes cain hollow right near the lake i believe its less than a mile from quaker lake. i have never stayed in the tents in quaker i have in red house and its a mad house there. i was told by workers there that if you just take a hike off the beaten path that no one will bother you if you wanna camp and have a small fire. quaker does have a good bear population but i find you see more in red house acroos from the tent siter behind the store also where you come off the 86 exit into red house on in and summit area has some good siting but ive seen the most spotting way up ASP2 up at the top of the hill but my all time favorite is scaring the crap out my kids in the bear caves in quaker lol doesnt work on the older 2 anymore but i got a 2 year old thatll get it in a while

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #27 on: Jun 21, 2005, 10:22 PM »
im defintly a tent guy, i just got a new colmen 4 person dome tent as gift  ( 8 grade graduation)
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

archbishop

« Reply #28 on: Jul 07, 2005, 10:39 PM »
tents are definitly more fun and have more advantages you can just find a spot and set up

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #29 on: Jul 08, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Vines and bearhide are the way real men camp...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.