FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The steelhead still biteing  (Read 7825 times)

fishslayerX

Re: The steelhead still biteing
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Thats pretty cool man at least you were catching some fish I have had some pretty bad steelheading trips in the past a keeper is always cool. I did not get to go this weekend wife had to work then she was too dang hungover to operate so i am going to orifino on wed and thurs instead that is ok less people then more fish for me I hope.

Duck-Slayer

« Reply #16 on: Mar 28, 2011, 01:39 PM »
well good luck, let us know how you do....
Matt

gillis11

« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2011, 10:56 AM »
Mornin gentlemen just back in town from fishing the south fork of the clearwater for the week with my family. Friday through wednesday were hands down the best steelhead experience of my life but the waters came up on Thursday so we came home early. Hopefully the waters will allow me one more trip for these amazing fish.

Duck-Slayer

« Reply #18 on: Apr 02, 2011, 12:23 PM »
not sure with this warm weather and now raining/snowing in mountains I don't know if the rivers will stabilize enough too get any good fishing in, Maybe, Hopefully, I love steelhead fishing....
Matt

riske

« Reply #19 on: Apr 02, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Isn't there a Spring run?  Or is this it?

fishslayerX

« Reply #20 on: Apr 02, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Yo gillz were do you fish the southie I used to fish by Stites at the Aframe and stick house Holes did allright never awesome I like the small stream holes very cool. I went down on thursday for the day fished off the bridge by dowarshak hatchery rain and wind and all.  It was pretty good for this time of year caught two one wild one foul hooked put them both back, If their was one wild fish in the whole river I would catch it. Fish and game came by what is wrong with them they checked no licences tags nothing, guys The F@G officer talked on his cell phone the entire time not about fishing but what his wife was watching on TV they are a joke ,I hope they read this. Not enuf of them the ones we do have do not do their job. He was more than likely the son of the head of fish and game or something I know for a fact two locals had gone over their limits he did not even notice young kid around 24 yea i mean you, ya know who you are. Any way fishing still was good lots of fish makeing it in late this year fish it up fellas. Im going back in a week or so to give it yet another try.

gillis11

« Reply #21 on: Apr 04, 2011, 12:06 PM »
Slayer me and my family fish up around the meadow creek area in several different locations along that stretch of the river. I have never fished the lower stretch of the river and rarely fish below the bridge right above the rapids that everyone fishes. Basically when I see the crowd I keep going about another five or ten miles as I do not enjoy combat fishing. I see the river is going down slowly if it gets back to a descent level I will be heading back up there next weekend.

Duck-Slayer

« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2011, 03:07 PM »
yea once it levels out the fishing should turn on hot, I may go up this next weekend we will see though, I like going up and splitting gas with someone with diesel at 4.07 a gallon....
Matt

gillis11

« Reply #23 on: Apr 04, 2011, 05:40 PM »
If these water levels can sort themselves out I agree the fishing should be amazing. I know tonight I will drop a prayer to the river and fishing prayer line. Hopefully I can get two more trips in before turning my attention to cj and brownlee for warmwater fishing.

fishslayerX

« Reply #24 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Yea the steelheading this spring has been very good if the water clears up and goes down than it will be awesome I am going to try and go twice more if I can good luck all.

fishslayerX

« Reply #25 on: Apr 13, 2011, 11:02 PM »
My friend said the steelhead are still biteing they caught 12 on their jetboat can not wait till next weekend Im going for one last hooraw on the clearwater gonna  bag some keepers if it kills me. Any info you all have would help like water ect dont tell me no one in Orifino has a PC.

Duck-Slayer

« Reply #26 on: Apr 14, 2011, 08:52 AM »
hey the Little salmon is on fire, I have been too busy the last couple of weeks and probably won't get out again for steelhead but from the reports from by buddy's they said the little salmon they are catching them like crazy.....
Matt

fishslayerX

« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2011, 11:41 PM »
Thanks for the info Matt. That sounds like the same kind of stuff I am hearing about the south and main fork of the clearwater. Water is up but the steelies are hammerin it wish I was their d**n work, I cant make it till next week this is my week on, then it is on fishies.  Do any of you all go for the Chinook run I need some advice I hear middle of may it gets hot but what to use ect I dont know spoons spinners plugs. So far all I know is the drift bobber set up i use will work but I am bringin my 12foot surf rod and 40lb test braid with 30lb leader 3oz bobber and weight with eggs and beads. Any advice will help I am shure I will figure it out maybe net some see what works good luck all slay em and fillit em. :tipup:

fishslayerX

« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Only a few days left till I go back to Orifino im itching for sum fishing any word on the steelheading if not o well I will be back on monday we are running out of time to nab a spring steely the weather looks pretty good any how. 8)

gillis11

« Reply #29 on: Apr 19, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Afternoon gents the little salmon provided me and the wife plenty of fast action this weekend with the wifes arm getting tired from reeling in so many fish. Water was rising slow and steady while we were their with friday and saturday being the most productive. Sunday slowed way down for us at least, but man oh man what a good time we had.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.