FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The steelhead still biteing  (Read 7824 times)

fishslayerX

Re: The steelhead still biteing
« Reply #30 on: Apr 19, 2011, 08:49 PM »
Gills were on the little salmon were you fishing I have never been but hear it is killer do you fish for chinook as well.

gillis11

« Reply #31 on: Apr 21, 2011, 01:07 PM »
I fish anywhere there are no other people hehe. Seriously I prefer to fish up river from pinehurst up to boulder creek. As far as chinook goes way to many people for me, however I have been looking at google map and have found some holes that should be far enough off the beaten path to deter most.

HooknHunter

« Reply #32 on: Apr 21, 2011, 03:13 PM »
I fish anywhere there are no other people hehe. Seriously I prefer to fish up river from pinehurst up to boulder creek. As far as chinook goes way to many people for me, however I have been looking at google map and have found some holes that should be far enough off the beaten path to deter most.

Right!  Not for Salmon.
Keep your gunpowder dry and your fishing hooks wet.

gillis11

« Reply #33 on: Apr 22, 2011, 11:19 AM »
I completely agree that it would be near impossible to find water on the little salmon that is vacant during chinook season, but I would not fish that river during chinook season way to crowded for my liking and not safe for my children in my opinion. But I have regular success getting away from the crowds by simply walking around the bend, in most situations people do not want to walk far distances to fish. Which I find funny because many of us also hunt and are willing to walk up and down ridgelines all day.

fishslayerX

« Reply #34 on: Apr 25, 2011, 06:51 PM »
I just got back from Orifino I caught every fish in the river but a steelhead. My partner got a 38in 16lb fish on sunday weather was awesome a little too nice sun burn city for me. I did net a few buckets of bluebacks by the dam and had a very good time all in all. The fish bite is dieing off they are spawning all over saw a few doing the dance right next to shore go net some kokanee it is more fun than you would think I just made a net extender and put a 1by1 plastic mesh in my steelhead net they smoked nice despite the damage they got from the spillway may go back on wed thurs but maybe not good luck all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.