FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LPO  (Read 3978 times)

riske

LPO
« on: Mar 28, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Looking for some input on the Walleye out on the Pond.  I have hit the river pretty hard the last few years looking for them but to no avail.  I have caught alot of bass out of the river and some giant perch.  Problem is I usually have the wife and kids with me and they dont have the patiance to drift slowly with bottome bouncers or jigs so we usually quit and hit the bass. 

I have also fished the mouth of the CF and around the islands still no luck.. I have heard guys have good luck on the Pack river delta.  I havent tried that one yet.  If my stupid truck wasnt in the shop getting the top end rebuilt I would have hit it yesterday. 
Also I talked to a guy thats a guide out there and he says he catches them but he only had one picture of one. From the pic it looked like he was way down by Priest river in July.  I really dont feel like paying a guy to try to find them.  I can put alot of gas in my own boat and try to find them.  But who knows maybe I will pay and go.

Anyone out there catch eyes on the Big North Idaho pond?  Anyone want to share some tips or areas that have worked for them?  I would be willing to join people that have found them or are willing to try.  I have a pretty reliable boat and it does well in the chop.  Willing to split gas? Maybe get a few guys with boats out there and get after them?

hookak

Re: LPO
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2011, 08:40 PM »
I just moved here from Alaska to hope. But I can't wait to try and get on some eyes. I have asked around here and most ppl shy away because they are not very plentyful. But the areas u mentioned are the best places to start especially the pack river delta. Also have heard jigging the structures under the railroad bridge at the north end might produce fish. I have a boat set up to run planer boards but too big to fish the shallows. Hit me up if u make it this way. It's a bit early still water temp is 36-39 f

riske

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2011, 08:32 AM »
What have you been fishing for? Macks? Maybe we need to work out a trade we fish your boat in the deep water and mine in the shallows.  I won't be fishing this weekend but really hopping to get back "in the business" the week after. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

BlueDuck

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Last year when I was ice fishing the condos, I talked to a guy who said he caught some eyes near the long bridge.  He said he caught them that summer.  Might be a fish story, but then maybe not.  Ill be giving it a try as the year goes on.  I have been hearing stories for several years now.  They should be starting to show up.

fishslayerX

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Sorry fellas this is one topic I have no advice in.  I will say that lake rosevelt is full of walleyes I make the trip over their once twice a year. Maby try trolling a firetiger rap at 10 or so ft. I usualy catch them after dark 10ish with bright leurs they are more active at night they see in the dark better than the light. please keep all eyes you do catch they tend to destroy all native fish and do not want to see that happen in LPO.

riske

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2011, 08:51 AM »
To reply? Or not to reply? That is the question. 
I guess I will. I strongly disagree with that comment that they destroy the native fish. First off the state has already done that. Which native fish are you refering to in LPO? The Kokanee? Macks? Rainbows?  You mentioned it yourself that FDR is a great fishery. And you can catch a lot of other fish there besides the eyes. Walleye coexist with most native fish in most lakes across the country.
I myself will be releasing them that I catch unless I keep a couple to eat. But all hens will be released.

I think this topic might just open a can of worms.

Duck-Slayer

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2011, 09:49 AM »
To reply? Or not to reply? That is the question. 
I guess I will. I strongly disagree with that comment that they destroy the native fish. First off the state has already done that. Which native fish are you refering to in LPO? The Kokanee? Macks? Rainbows?  You mentioned it yourself that FDR is a great fishery. And you can catch a lot of other fish there besides the eyes. Walleye coexist with most native fish in most lakes across the country.
I myself will be releasing them that I catch unless I keep a couple to eat. But all hens will be released.

I think this topic might just open a can of worms.

Agreed,
Matt

fishslayerX

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Yea i m not going to argue with you guys they can coexist but still i do not like the thought of them in my favorite stream gobbling down browns and brookies. Do me a solid and when you fillite them cut a few open and see what is in their gullets if they are full o bluebacks  their may be a problem in the natural order of things.

Duck-Slayer

« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:35 AM »
that's alright, i'm not much of a slime rock fan anyway..... ;D
Matt

riske

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Drove out on my lunch hr and checked out the launch under the highway by Hope the other day.  Looks like alot of people are fishing.  There were some guys putting in and puling out.  I didnt ask if anyone was catching but the launch is usable.  Most arent. 
IDFG was pulling their nets out on Wednesday.  I wish they would publish what they are catching in the nets on a regular basis.
Anyone know what the water temp is?  My guess is 40.

hookak

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2011, 08:43 PM »
Water temp around the hope launch is hanging around 41° to 44° trolling is picking up slowly. Natural colored flys in the chop or apex's and rapalas when its calm out. Most importantly u have to actually get your lines wet lol goodluck

riske

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Well? Any reports? I am dieing here.  I was just telling the wife I havent been fishing since I was walking on water.  This sucks I think I am starting to get the shakes.  Its now May 6th and I havent fished since Ice.  This is not right . last year I was on the pond 3 times in Feb.

I never take this long to get a line wet.  Come on people gimme a report i am jonesing!!!!

I gotta get out before I go crazy!!!  And I got a bucket full of stuff to do this weekend.  Crap!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.