FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing tunes??  (Read 4294 times)

slipbob

Fishing tunes??
« on: Apr 07, 2004, 01:47 PM »
I remember well an old family friend always cranking up a local country station either while icefishing or in his boat.  I don't think the music soothed the fish into biting anybetter for him but the sounds of Charley Pride,  Merle Haggard, and good ol' Willie and Waylon were good enough for me.  Does anybody here bring a radio or what's now called a boombox with them icefishing or in a boat to crank up tunes while fishing and if so what do you like to listen too.  Radio station, tapes, CD's??  Favorite type of fish bite inducing music??

Trophy Hunter639

Re: Fishing tunes??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2004, 02:02 PM »
I try not to make too much noise when i'm ice fishing .Although the catfish I go after in the summer don't seem to be bothered by a little music usually the radio Power 97.5 f.m from winnipeg

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Oh man, I was hoping someone would start this thread...

I like Merle, Waylon, Willie, Johnny, Kris, Toby Keith, George Strait, George Jones, Blackhawk, Sammy Kershaw, Diamond Rio, Sawyer Brown.  Most country actually.  Especially the country outlaws.  I also love southern rock.   The Allman Brothers, Little Feat, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, the Dead, Reo Speedwagon (their old stuff), Boston, Neil Young, The Band etc.

About the only things I can't deal with are Rap, R&B, and Pop.  Basically the cheesy stuff!

This past winter my wife won tickets (and a free cd) to go see Brad Delp and Barry Goudreau (Boston) in concert with members of RTZ at our local bar/night club.  RTZ is a sideline band that Brad and Barry formed and played in for a while when things were going sour with Boston.  That was very cool.  They even ate dinner in the bar before the concert.  Just a few tables away from where we were eating.

This summer (Aug 20) we are going to an open air concert to see the Allman Brothers Band.  My wife won us two free tickets to that concert!  She is very good at winning stuff off the local classic rock station!  ;D

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2004, 02:27 PM »
Hey Cider I hit post too quick there, are you going to see the Allmans in NH near Franconia?  That would be too funny because my girlfriend's family has a summer home there and she is planning for us to maybe go to see the Allmans this summer somewhere near Franconia I believe.  It might be the same show you are talking about if so small world.  I believe it's their only NH show this year in a smaller outdoor venue.  Anyway if that's it I just might be at that show.

Meadowbrook Farms in Gilford, NH!!!  Here is the link: http://www.meadowbrook.net/.  It is a Friday night show that will go four hours!  What better time than a hot August night listening to live southern rock under the stars!

The part that sucks is that five nights later Lynyrd is performing and the night after that Journey will be on stage!!  I am trying to convince my wife right now that she needs to see Lynyrd live.  That is going to be an awesome show too.

Cider

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2004, 02:35 PM »
Just look for the guy with the vexilar well maybe not, but anyway it should be a great show.

Hey, I'll bring my auger!!!!  ::)  ;D  Maybe we could make arrangements to meet up when the time gets closer?

I overlooked the Bob Dylan show.  He belongs on my list too.  Right up there with the GD!  I really love the GD.  I have over 15 of their albums on CD.

Cider

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2004, 02:44 PM »
I just heard Rat Dog for the first time on the radio the other night.  The local college station does an evening with the Dead every Sunday night for three hours.  That is a great band too!

depthchargedriller

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:34 PM »
well not to break ur convo, but im all for the country music. mostly i have a CD player so i dont have to search for a station if im not around my house but if im near my place then i just turn on 98.1 the Hawk and or 92.1 or 95.3 since they are the same station..im sure that Cider has 92.1 on quite frequently.

depthcharge

slabby1

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2004, 04:05 PM »
Anyone want to really date themselves,I saw the Dead 3nights in a row,with
the Band being there 2 nights and the last night the Allman Bros closed it out in a
little place called Watkins Glen,NY by the name of Summer JAM.1973?I THINK
MEMORY LITTLE FOGGY IN THOSE YEARS!! ;D

shark

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2004, 06:31 PM »
Good music cider,   I agree with you on that r+b and hip hop junk.

My boat has stereo in it but never on while I"m fishing , I like that Quiet time. Its pretty noisy in the shop all day.

Mark

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2004, 06:37 PM »
Jeez you guys read my mind.  Was just thinking about the good old days when my Dad would take me out on lake Michigan trolling for Salmon and Lakers.  Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, Tom T Hall, Tammy Wynett.  The list is to long......... boy do I have a grin from ear to ear just thinking of it ;D ;D  I think it started when I was 5years old, so say 1970-71?   Thanks Dad, Great times where had!!!!

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

slabby1

« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:03 AM »
Don't forget Marty Robbins!!! 8)

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:43 AM »
One of the Goatboys made a CD with a bunch of tunes. It's actually a double CD. Great music with inputs from all the MA Goatboys. Lots of classic rock and a few others that were appropriate for the set. I'm sure we'll burn another one next year..........gotta have the tunes when we are ice fishing. It's a necessity.

;)

wyogator

« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:35 AM »
I'm not too big on country. I grew up with it my whole life, because that's all my parents listened too. I guess I got sick of it. I do like Willie, Johnny and Waylon though. Now, I'm more into alternative and classic rock, also jazz and blues. For fishing and camping, you can't go wrong with the Dead; they're just awesome! It seem like I listen to alot of country when fishing, because thats what all my friends and family listen to.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.