FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish alone?  (Read 6999 times)

slipbob

Fish alone?
« on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:08 PM »
Do any of you regularly fish alone or do you have a fishing buddy or two that joins you on every trip?  I fish alone most of the time because I want to get there and leave when I want and I am sometimes afraid of bringing someone in case they can't keep quiet about that walleye spot I showed them.  The only problem is if you get that monster fish and don't keep it or get a picture your story becomes suspect.  All hail cameras with self timers for catch and release.  I also move a lot when I fish and sometimes only stay in a spot for 5 minutes or so if it's primetime and nothings happening which drives people nuts I have fished with.  They want to wait out the bite not me let's move move move till we hit em.

treed942000

• Bailee and Sandee
Re: Fish alone?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Mostly alone, my favorite is catfishing.  A lot of people don't have to patients to sit there with me when the bite is slow.  My wife will fish occasionally and she just wonders to her dismay.  Don't get me wrong though, I fish for everything, cat is just my favorite.

TReed
Tight Lines,
TReed

Open Water @ www.myfishfinder.com Icy Conditions @ www.iceshanty.com Hunting @
www.myhuntingforum.com

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:31 PM »
I fish alone a lot of the time.  My brother and nephew come with me often but our work schedules don't match very often.  When the weather gets a little warmer I will start taking my oldest son.  He will be 3 this month, so hopefully I will have a future fishing partner there  ;D ;D ;D.  I'll have to wait a little while for my other son though, he's only a month old and mom says he can't go yet :(
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:35 PM »
I love big cats too usually go by myself  because i work shift work and  go with my uncle quite a bit too. usually there isn't much room on the bank  and I gotta go through some serious bush and mud to get to some of the hotspots!  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:49 PM »
i occasionally fish alone, but prefer company... i like friendly competition when i do...there's something to be said about a nice fish, or even a trophy that deserves a critique. there's often alot of situations that we can place ourselves in, that's not a great idea without a partner....grump ??? ??? ???

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Catching a huge fish is always better when there is someone else they to see it and friendly competition is always fun  ;D One time my uncle had a big cat and it took off downriver and he was going with it along the bank and he stepped out on to this lighter coloured sand and imediately sunk up to his belly it was hilarious to see and I helped him out no problem but it could have been REAL bad if he was by himself. He did this about 10 minutes after I had to run into the river fully clothed up to my waist and dive after my brand new rod and reel ;D got the rod at the last second but when I stood up  I fought the fish for a few seconds then the cat broke my 20lb test line!

reubenpa

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2004, 04:29 PM »
Alone mostly as I don't have much of a choice.  I have alittle boy that is 6 months old, so in a other few years, I will have a fishing buddy!!!!!!  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

perch pounder

• Keep on poundin'
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2004, 04:46 PM »
  All hail cameras with self timers for catch and release. 

I fish alone quite often too .

One thing I have alway wanted to do is mount a camera hold down screw on the bow of my 14 foot so I can take pics with the timer .

It would look like I always have a partner in the boat ;D
here  fishy , fishy , fishy.......

devil-man

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2004, 04:49 PM »
I prefer to go with my best friend, as we pretty much think the same, at least when it comes to fishing :P
If he's busy and my dad's not around I don't hesitate to go alone. There is something to be said for the serenity of being out there by yourself...

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2004, 04:58 PM »
Mostly alone here too !  ::)
Those who are brave are free ..       

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2004, 05:17 PM »
mostly with my friend, its cool to have someone that thinks the same as you do out there. we are always comparing things or thinking up new things to try! good to have a friend incase something happens too! we also both take our kids occasionally too. i notice that if im abosolutely bugging to fish and he is not around, i dont hesitate. i go, but i usually dont spend much time fishing, i go do the drives scouting other areas and such!

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2004, 05:49 PM »
Mostly alone, its hard to find someone that takes it as serious as I do.  I have a few Marine buddies that I'll take once in awhile but for the most part its just me.  Was thinking of putting a radio in the boat so it would give me some company but not complain when there not biting.  Ice fishing this year was different because I met alot of people on "shanty" and had a great time meeting new friends.  If anyone wants to fish let me know, maybe we could hook up.

Tight Lines to all
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2004, 06:13 PM »
95% alone....Anti social I guess  ::)
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

shark

« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2004, 06:23 PM »
I fish alone .. with nobody else...........I fish alone................I prefer to be by myself ...

Sounds like a Stevie Ray  song ..............

Actually My Older son wont let me leave the house without him. Which is a good thing. My wife and other son come sometimes too.

Mark

chrisfrank

« Reply #14 on: Apr 07, 2004, 06:31 PM »
Alone almost all the time.  Problem with time, and the fact that most of my friends don't like fishing.  Occasionally my woman and her 5yr old son will come along, but normally its just me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.