FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98783 times)

westernmas

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #495 on: Oct 15, 2021, 09:15 AM »
Beautiful fish and country.  Really wish I was into fishing in college like I am now since I went out to CO, Utah and Whistler.  I saw fliers for wild steelhead fishing in Whistler but back then I didn't even know it was something you could do in the winter.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

westernmas

« Reply #496 on: Oct 15, 2021, 09:17 AM »
I'm just glad tp see someone else if still fresh water fishing (and posting about it).

I hope you nail them your next time out.

I'm back on the DL.  Pretty frustrating to not be able to fish my favorite time of year.  Have over a week off to fish the Salmon River in late November but don't think I'll be wading by then.  Fingers crossed.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #497 on: Oct 15, 2021, 09:51 AM »
I'm back on the DL.  Pretty frustrating to not be able to fish my favorite time of year.  Have over a week off to fish the Salmon River in late November but don't think I'll be wading by then.  Fingers crossed.

Sailing Sat and Sunday for tog, bring a folding chair and youll be fine!

lowaccord66

« Reply #498 on: Oct 15, 2021, 09:52 AM »
I have spent the last week out in CO for my son's "None-Covid" wedding. I did not get all that much fishing in but still had a great time and some of the spots were breathtaking...

Looking good Allan!

lowaccord66

« Reply #499 on: Oct 15, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Love this, Jon.  Not a lot of people are willing to put in the work after dark.  Cool that you're giving it a solid effort.  Good luck and hope you stick a pig.

I love it.  More fun to go with a buddy as things tend to feel less spooky with backup.  Westwrnmass and I have gone together and had a riot of a night.  Lots of hits not many hookups. 

Bartman44

« Reply #500 on: Oct 15, 2021, 06:34 PM »
Great brookie and congrats on your son's wedding. Not easy pulling weddings off nowadays, my youngest just got married in July after postponing for  a year.   

stripernut

« Reply #501 on: Oct 15, 2021, 10:28 PM »
Before Covid my son and bride to be put a bunch of money down to rent out a whole lodge (SilverPick), covid closed the lodge and they would only put off for a year, but not give the money back... So last year we flew out for a small "Covid Wedding", it was very nice (and MUCH cheaper). This year most of her family came for this wedding, a much bigger, more expensive and party in to the morning, celebration happened... But with less fishing.

BassMaster12

« Reply #502 on: Oct 16, 2021, 05:11 PM »
Cool stuff. Been to Colorado once but didn't fish, need to go back some day. And congrats to them.

Anyways, I can finally contribute a little to this thread. Just picked up a fly rod a few months ago and have barley had time to use it. Went out on a local stocked pond earlier today and was getting more of a feel for it. Ended up with 5 sunnies (biggest 9-10") and no trout. Was still a ton of fun. Still have some kinks to work out and a lot to learn but I will say I think I'm starting to go down a whole new rabbit hole in my fishing habit.
_Icecold_ on the shanty

lowaccord66

« Reply #503 on: Oct 17, 2021, 07:41 AM »
I threw the 8w for a bit yesterday when albies approached the boat while blackfishing.  I didnt hook up. 

Great pic Allan.

lowaccord66

« Reply #504 on: Dec 14, 2021, 03:07 PM »
Still at it.  Couple bigger specimens.

bogtrotter

« Reply #505 on: Dec 14, 2021, 04:19 PM »

Kudos! Very impressive that (a) you are still at it and (b) the fish in the stream are still biting at this late stage of the year. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #506 on: Dec 14, 2021, 06:47 PM »
Thanks Jim.  They were in slow moving water on the bottom.  You can catch them all year but the so called "bite windows" get smaller and smaller.  Some of my best river days in the winter are when its snowing.

I can think if a few pools you showed me where they should be stacked.  The one with the cliff in particular.

bogtrotter

« Reply #507 on: Dec 14, 2021, 08:47 PM »
Thanks Jim.  They were in slow moving water on the bottom.  You can catch them all year but the so called "bite windows" get smaller and smaller.  Some of my best river days in the winter are when its snowing.

I can think if a few pools you showed me where they should be stacked.  The one with the cliff in particular.

Yeah, but I'll have to fix my chest waders to fish it.  Fortunately, I recently bought a can of Flex Paste, so that'll be my project for Christmas break,

lowaccord66

« Reply #508 on: Dec 16, 2021, 06:49 AM »
For cheap money loon makes uv wader repair that works well.  I have a pair of simms freestone breathables with a small leak collecting dust.  All yours if you want them.

Bartman44

« Reply #509 on: Dec 17, 2021, 06:44 PM »

Solid fish right there, way to keep it going.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.