FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: bg baby shad anyone?  (Read 358 times)

fishogger

bg baby shad anyone?
« on: Apr 04, 2021, 06:22 AM »
anyone else use a lot of bobby garland baby shads?  or do you have a favorite plastic thats similar to them?

i got turned onto them by winning some in an online crappie contest.  i am and always will be a twister man.  thats because i was learning to fish when they came out.  my grandpa and uncle taught me to pile up crappie with the cast wait and reel slow style and mr twisters.  those catches got burned into my brain and still remain!  i can remember under my arms being sore from having to reach over the toon railing to fish. lol  fish baskets packed with crappies and bullheads. thats how i became a fishaholic. 

i still use the bigger profile "yum" twisters for 70% of my crappie jigging. when i want/need a smaller bait the bobby garland baby shads are what i put on.  the only drawback is they smell like a pool toy.  so i spray some "yum" in the sacks when i buy them.

so whats your favorite "baby shad" type plastic i should try? and dont leave out the colors.  mine are tuxedo shimmer and moon glow

and happy easter ;D
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

fishinator

Re: bg baby shad anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2021, 07:24 AM »
Not a baby shad, but I really like "whack em stack em" plastics.  It's a small company and only a few places carry them. Black/chartreuse has been working for me. Also have been doing good on mini-mite plastics.

fishogger

« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2021, 06:34 AM »
i have some similar to that fishinator.  i was using a black and green combo on a bg baby shad the other day. i also love orange and neon green colors in yum twisters.

seems pretty dead on here accept the top of the east coast people.  probably fading away like so many other sites have. oh well thats how it goes.

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2021, 06:36 AM »
i have some similar to that fishinator.  i was using a black and green combo on a bg baby shad the other day. i also love orange and neon green colors in yum twisters.

seems pretty dead on here accept the top of the east coast people.  probably fading away like so many other sites have. oh well thats how it goes.
it's always dead on here. Nothing like iceshanty.com. I always assumed people are just to busy to post when it's nice out.  Good luck with the crappie.

fishogger

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2021, 04:33 AM »
thx fishinator.  same to you man.  and dont forget the pictures! lmao  im thinking that mite part of the disinterest too.  you have a few that post all kinds of stuff about catching boatloads of trophies, but never have (ever) posted pics.  im pretty sure they are just touched in head and like to put on a Big Ruse.  nothing better to do with their time i guess.   ;D  sad what our world is coming to.  lies flying around like pollen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.