FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slip Floats  (Read 7866 times)

Jigman

Slip Floats
« on: Mar 25, 2009, 06:03 PM »
How do you go about rigging slip floats?

I'm going to try using the Thill Pro Series weighted floats.  I'm fishing for perch and sunfish.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Slip Floats
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Pretty simple really.

Start by making up some stop knots using a nail knot (  Nail Knot    )  on a plastic tube. I use the plastic part of a Q-Tip.

Push the line through the tube and slide the stopper knot onto the line, removing the tube. Tighten the knot onto line and clip the tag ends off.

Slide the bobber onto the line, tie on your jig and have at it. I sometimes use a plastic bead between the bobber and stopper knot and a barrel swivel below with a leader to the jig. This give the bobber something to stop against when casting.

Simply move the stopper knot up and down to set the depth. Be sure the jig is heavy enough to pull the line through the slip bobber.

Here's a good Thill video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_8ETIU7b0Y

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishermantim4

Re: Slip Floats
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2009, 05:12 PM »
i would make sure you have a bead a swivel or even some split shot above the knot of your hook after continuous casting the bobber beating on your knot does it no good,  and if your jigging your looking at lots of casting
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.