FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: About a half inch of snow . . .  (Read 1864 times)

bogtrotter

About a half inch of snow . . .
« on: Apr 16, 2020, 07:06 AM »
on the ground when I woke up this morning.

Makes me kind of sad the last of the ponds out this way iced out two weeks ago.

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
Re: About a half inch of snow . . .
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2020, 08:00 AM »
You can have it  ;D Looks like another chance for white stuff Friday night. :nono:
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Ryan51993

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2020, 11:33 AM »
Sure has been a crappy spring. Supposed to be about 60 degrees average this time of year and there's no 60s in the 10 day forecast whatsoever. Rivers are still running high and cold. Between the weather and the chu/quabbin being closed this is one of the worst springs I can remember. Extremely windy every god d**n day too.

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2020, 09:05 AM »
^^^ What he said^^^

It will get better, the water will warm, it will come down and someday the Q will reopen ( I really miss the night fishing). The saltwater is warming and flounder fishing will start soon and we are taking this time to work on the boat. This afternoon I will land some stockies to take the edge off. I have been furloughed and have been trying to use this time to take care of the LONG list of stuff that needs doing so when the fishing does "open up" I will be ready and have the time to fish!

Just try to make the best of the lemons life has given us...

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2020, 10:33 AM »
^^^ What he said^^^

Most years we are just getting off the ice and they would have started stocking a few weeks ago.  I can't complain outside of the darn wind making it almost impossible to get out in a kayak or canoe.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2020, 04:14 PM »
Only about an inch of snow fell today (and melted fairly quickly afterwards).

I'm kinda bummed we didn't get the 4 to 8 inches the weathermen were predicting . . . I was hoping to go skiing one last time this season.

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2020, 04:39 PM »
^^^ What he said^^^

It will get better, the water will warm, it will come down and someday the Q will reopen ( I really miss the night fishing). The saltwater is warming and flounder fishing will start soon and we are taking this time to work on the boat. This afternoon I will land some stockies to take the edge off. I have been furloughed and have been trying to use this time to take care of the LONG list of stuff that needs doing so when the fishing does "open up" I will be ready and have the time to fish!

I like your outlook Allan.  If you or will need to get out take a ride down to CT I'll get you guys out.

bogtrotter

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2020, 10:59 AM »
More snow flurries (and temps around 30 degrees) yesterday and today.

We could have used this cold weather back about 3 weeks ago, when there was still some ice on a few of the  local ponds, but it's not doing us much good now.

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2020, 11:17 AM »
More snow flurries (and temps around 30 degrees) yesterday and today.

We could have used this cold weather back about 3 weeks ago, when there was still some ice on a few of the  local ponds, but it's not doing us much good now.

Even down in the valley I have had snow showers most of the morning 38 deg. at noon  :o
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2020, 02:23 PM »
Even down in the valley I have had snow showers most of the morning 38 deg. at noon  :o

Couple towns from me in Norfolk CT they had a thunderstorm storm yesterday followed by a dusting of snow!  This morning water on my boat cover was frozen!

bogtrotter

« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2020, 06:38 AM »
We're almost into May, and for the second day in a row, I woke to see the surrounding hilltops (everything over ,000 feet above sea level) covered in snow.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2020, 06:55 AM »
I still have about an inch on the ground from the 4" we got Sunday night. It is going fast today...h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.