FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Chu is now open!  (Read 3502 times)

stripernut

Chu is now open!
« on: Apr 22, 2020, 02:49 PM »
NOTICE Shoreline fishing is now open at Quabbin, Wachusett, and Sudbury Reservoirs. Please practice social distancing and avoid crowds. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, DCR is postponing the opening of the Quabbin Boat Launch Areas until Sat. May 9, 2020.

taxid

Re: Chu is now open!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2020, 03:32 PM »
What happens if everyone shows up at once at the Quabbin boat launch?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2020, 04:07 PM »
What happens if everyone shows up at once at the Quabbin boat launch?

....a bunch of people go fishing.  Can we not do the covid fear mongering thing in this thread?  Please?

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2020, 06:18 PM »
I was merely pointing out that with the delay people will be chumping at the bits to get on the Chu and the Q!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2020, 07:06 PM »
No boat rentals or launching and lots of shorelines to spread out on at the Q...

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2020, 08:41 PM »
....a bunch of people go fishing.  Can we not do the covid fear mongering thing in this thread?  Please?

Actually us old folk are concerned around crowds and I'm sick of sending flowers and edible arraignments.
Although I am going to try turkey hunting Monday. That should be social distancing plus some.

CMD1987

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Actually us old folk are concerned around crowds and I'm sick of sending flowers and edible arraignments.
Although I am going to try turkey hunting Monday. That should be social distancing plus some.

So don’t go fishing. Your problem is solved. Stay home and maybe you’ll live forever...

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2020, 06:49 AM »

Hey me too Dick, covid kills perfectly healthy people just as readily...even so I think in some venues like a 25000 acre watershed, it shouldn't be an issue.

deerhunter

« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2020, 06:54 AM »
So don’t go fishing. Your problem is solved. Stay home and maybe you’ll live forever...
  hes going hunting instead, smartass

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2020, 07:16 AM »
  hes going hunting instead, smartass

How the heck have you been?

deerhunter

« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2020, 07:24 AM »
been good ,jon. how bout you. hoping they open up fishing on lake Ontario before august.

scooper47

« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2020, 08:19 AM »

If you don't want a discussion of Covid, don't refer to it as "fear mongering."

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2020, 10:02 AM »
been good ,jon. how bout you. hoping they open up fishing on lake Ontario before august.

Cant complain Bill.  New boat is running well.  Working to finish the old boat conversion to a quabbin boat.  Nearly done.  Family is healthy, work is busy so its all good.  Id love to get to Ontario as well.

As far as Quabbin being overrun with people...there are 2 people fishing gate 8 now.  My buddy is one of them.

maxma

« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2020, 11:05 AM »
Cant complain Bill.  New boat is running well.  Working to finish the old boat conversion to a quabbin boat.  Nearly done.  Family is healthy, work is busy so its all good.  Id love to get to Ontario as well.

As far as Quabbin being overrun with people...there are 2 people fishing gate 8 now.  My buddy is one of them.

This might be a rookie question... Is gate 8 good for bass fishing? I always thought that area is too deep for bass. I am probably wrong..

stripernut

« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2020, 11:31 AM »
Gate 8 is not the best choice for bass, some sm mouth, but there are much better choices...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.