FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Chu is now open!  (Read 3503 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Chu is now open!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2020, 12:27 PM »
This might be a rookie question... Is gate 8 good for bass fishing? I always thought that area is too deep for bass. I am probably wrong..

Yes.  Our pb's are 6 and 7lbs there.  Is it as easy as the other gates...no, but we slay bass there regardless.  I posted the 7lber my buddy got a long time back.

55 degree water and jerkbaits and you can easily land a couple dozen smallies at gate 8.  Don't expect many largemouth.

Heres the hog smallie with some of his friends.

Last year trolling we hit a pile of them and hooked up 4 lines at once.  The average was 4lbs.

maxma

« Reply #16 on: Apr 23, 2020, 01:37 PM »
Yes.  Our pb's are 6 and 7lbs there.  Is it as easy as the other gates...no, but we slay bass there regardless.  I posted the 7lber my buddy got a long time back.

55 degree water and jerkbaits and you can easily land a couple dozen smallies at gate 8.  Don't expect many largemouth.

Heres the hog smallie with some of his friends.

Last year trolling we hit a pile of them and hooked up 4 lines at once.  The average was 4lbs.

Thank you sir. These smallies look great.... If fishing at gate 8 but limited to shore fishing, would it still be the same story?

Sometimes just wanna have some causal fishing instead of pulling out boat. Thanks!

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2020, 01:50 PM »
Thank you sir. These smallies look great.... If fishing at gate 8 but limited to shore fishing, would it still be the same story?

Sometimes just wanna have some causal fishing instead of pulling out boat. Thanks!

As of today, no.  The water is currently too high to effectively fish from shore.  The other thing too, we get a lot of them on shoals off shore.

westernmas

« Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2020, 03:47 PM »
As of today, no.  The water is currently too high to effectively fish from shore.  The other thing too, we get a lot of them on shoals off shore.

Water is way up.  The water is spilling over the dam into the swift and the swift is running high, over 100cfs which is nothing for most rivers but noticeable on the swift.  Not sure why they are letting it spill over versus releasing more through the bubbler.  If it was the fall and the salmon could spill over I'd be all for it.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #19 on: Apr 23, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Water is way up.  The water is spilling over the dam into the swift and the swift is running high, over 100cfs which is nothing for most rivers but noticeable on the swift.  Not sure why they are letting it spill over versus releasing more through the bubbler.  If it was the fall and the salmon could spill over I'd be all for it.
they still can. has happened before

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #20 on: Apr 23, 2020, 07:25 PM »
Hey me too Dick, covid kills perfectly healthy people just as readily...even so I think in some venues like a 25000 acre watershed, it shouldn't be an issue.

That's what I'm hoping Turkey hunting.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #21 on: Apr 23, 2020, 07:29 PM »
So don’t go fishing. Your problem is solved. Stay home and maybe you’ll live forever...

Why the sarcasm?
 I've been out but I'm picking places to obviously avoid people like you.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #22 on: Apr 23, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Hey me too Dick, covid kills perfectly healthy people just as readily...even so I think in some venues like a 25000 acre watershed, it shouldn't be an issue.

I know you'll find the quiet honey hole in there Jon.
Good luck and be safe.

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Apr 24, 2020, 05:29 PM »
I've had my best luck for warmer water fish out of Gate 3.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishsluggos

« Reply #24 on: Apr 24, 2020, 05:56 PM »
What happens if everyone shows up at once at the Quabbin boat launch?

It looks like any other opening day. Geezus.

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Apr 25, 2020, 05:52 AM »
It looks like any other opening day. Geezus.

I wouldn't know. I've never been there on opening day.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stripernut

« Reply #26 on: Apr 25, 2020, 07:52 AM »
It is easy to Social Distance at a boat ramp, I see the toughest part the taking of money for the guys at the booth. That and rental boats, I would think it would be safe to rent them for a day and by the next day they could be considered safe, but that is more of a tricky question. I would think they would error on the side of safety and have no rentals.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.