FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Not Bad At All  (Read 1478 times)

bogtrotter

Not Bad At All
« on: Apr 25, 2020, 05:40 PM »
I fished the West Housatonic in Pittsfield late this morning and early this afternoon.

It was sunny, 60 degrees and the water was down from the last few times I've gone fishing, although still quite cold.

I fished spots from Hungerford Street down to Clapp Park, and had to work harder than I would have preferred, but finally caught a decent 13" rainbow.

Then I tried the North West Housatonic (also in Pittsfield) later this afternoon, and landed a bunch of small (4" to 9") perch below the Waconah Street dam.

After returning home and relaxing a while, I had a cookout for dinner - - steak, salad, boiled potatoes with butter, kimchi,amritsari cholle (chickpeas in a Spicy Gravy) and a bottle of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' ale.

Here's hoping your day was as rewarding.

lowaccord66

Re: Not Bad At All
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2020, 08:51 AM »
Sounds like a good effort Jim.

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2020, 07:26 PM »
Late last summer, my chest waders developed a leak that I was not able to repair, so since then I muddled along until now with my younger son's hip boots.

However, I bought a new pairs of waders not long ago, and today I finally had an opportunity to christen them when I fished the West Housatonic in Pittsfield for about an hour and a half after work.

It was sunny, blue skies and 58 degrees.  I saw a couple white tailed deer while wading downstream. And, happy happy joy joy, I netted three trout (an 11", a 12" and a 14" rainbow) in one spot - - the first time I've caught more than one trout in a single foray this year.

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Nice work Jim.  I had a tiny hole in my Simms and couldnt find it using the rubbing alcohol trick.  I ended up filling them almost completely full of water (flip inside out first) and found the hole.  Mark the spot with a permanent marker, get some aquaseal and put it on the hole and hopefully that does the trick.  If you were a fly tyer I'd say take some UV resin and put it on the spot and hit with the UV light and they'd be fixed in a matter of minutes.  The aquaseal takes 24 hours to dry unless you have the other solution (names alluding me) that makes it dry quicker.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2020, 11:39 AM »
Nice work Jim.  I had a tiny hole in my Simms and couldnt find it using the rubbing alcohol trick.  I ended up filling them almost completely full of water (flip inside out first) and found the hole.  Mark the spot with a permanent marker, get some aquaseal and put it on the hole and hopefully that does the trick.  If you were a fly tyer I'd say take some UV resin and put it on the spot and hit with the UV light and they'd be fixed in a matter of minutes.  The aquaseal takes 24 hours to dry unless you have the other solution (names alluding me) that makes it dry quicker.

Loon makes uv wader sealant now!

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Late last summer, my chest waders developed a leak that I was not able to repair, so since then I muddled along until now with my younger son's hip boots.

However, I bought a new pairs of waders not long ago, and today I finally had an opportunity to christen them when I fished the West Housatonic in Pittsfield for about an hour and a half after work.

It was sunny, blue skies and 58 degrees.  I saw a couple white tailed deer while wading downstream. And, happy happy joy joy, I netted three trout (an 11", a 12" and a 14" rainbow) in one spot - - the first time I've caught more than one trout in a single foray this year.

The waders I saw you in last year when we fished had more mileage than my tahoe with 212k miles!

westernmas

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2020, 03:01 PM »
The waders I saw you in last year when we fished had more mileage than my tahoe with 212k miles!

And they both are running strong lol.  I tend to beat the heck out of my waders as those are prob less than 5 years old.  The Westfield requires some bush whacking.  I picked up a pair of Redington Sonic Pros so I can send the Simms back for repair.  I got them on a bargain site and they are little large but will do the trick for a back up pair.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2020, 04:48 PM »
Thanks, Jon and Pat, for the wader repair tips!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.