FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sprinkles on the Sawmill  (Read 2315 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Sprinkles on the Sawmill
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2023, 07:09 AM »
Unquestionably golf.

Without question.  Good to see you on here Manny.

Ryan51993

« Reply #16 on: Apr 20, 2023, 02:22 PM »
I think there are some wild browns in there but mostly stockers.  As mentioned, with it being a tailwater and huge fluctuations in flows I think it can get pretty warm in the summer months.  My understanding is it is kind of like the housy where it transitions to more a smallmouth river for most of the summer.  I haven't looked at this guys blog much recently as he gets a little preachy but I believe he even has a map of the millers with various named pools.  https://millersriverflyfishingforum.blogspot.com/2023/04/stoneflies-and-millers.html  I thought he said he called it quits and moved to NH but there are recent posts about MA so seems like hes kept the blog going.
Preachy is an understatement with that guy. Good fisherman and very knowledgeable but if you're not fishing exactly the way he prefers to fish he doesn't respect you and he'll let you know it. He also won't approve any comments that are in disagreement with him unless he feels he can make a solid argument against them. I could go on and on but I'll leave it at that.

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2023, 06:44 PM »
Preachy is an understatement with that guy. Good fisherman and very knowledgeable but if you're not fishing exactly the way he prefers to fish he doesn't respect you and he'll let you know it. He also won't approve any comments that are in disagreement with him unless he feels he can make a solid argument against them. I could go on and on but I'll leave it at that.

I would not get along with him thats for sure.  Thanks for the heads up.  Ill save myself from clicking the link.

Steve H.

« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2023, 06:52 PM »

I fished with him once, hired him very late season for small money.  Meh.  Showed me a few spots on the Millers which was all I was looking for, and for that it was worth it.  His guide to the Millers is worth getting your hands on though if you're interested in fishing it.  He was giving it away for free (emailed PDF) if you requested it on his website.  Very comprehensive and thorough.  Don't get out that way much so pretty indifferent on the whole thing.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Ryan51993

« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2023, 10:54 PM »
I would not get along with him thats for sure.  Thanks for the heads up.  Ill save myself from clicking the link.
I may have been a little harsh, he genuinely has some good information and I do agree with him on some of the things he gets angry about. For example he doesn't like stocking over native trout and I couldn't agree more with that. But you'll find out after reading a few posts that his way is the only way, in his not so humble opinion.

westernmas

« Reply #20 on: Apr 21, 2023, 09:24 AM »
I may have been a little harsh, he genuinely has some good information and I do agree with him on some of the things he gets angry about. For example he doesn't like stocking over native trout and I couldn't agree more with that. But you'll find out after reading a few posts that his way is the only way, in his not so humble opinion.

Yeah I have learned a ton from reading the blog, especially on the swift.  But totally agree with the points made about his lack of acceptance of other styles of fishing.  Jon euro nymphing is arch enemy but there is definitely a lot of useful information presented if you can sift through his agenda.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Apr 25, 2023, 07:30 AM »
Admittedly I got curious and peeked.  I noticed that Pat.  I guess to him euro is just overweight beads and getting mucked up on the bottom.  I do a ton of dry dropper and lighter beadless flies...guys like him are a dime a dozen on the farmington.  Especially during trico season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.