FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: yellow jackets  (Read 8205 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
yellow jackets
« on: Aug 31, 2009, 11:53 AM »
anyone notice all the yellow jackets!!!! sure sign of fall but this year is the worst i've seen in years.... sucks i have to carry a epi pen ....other day we had a nest in the pine tree it was as big as  a laundry basket! remeber old timers say it's the sign of a cold winter :)  good ice?????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: yellow jackets
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2009, 12:15 PM »
 I had guests with kidds, they got roudy and kicked a hole in the sheetrock in one of my cabins and hundreds of yellow jackets came out, thankfully they got out quick, only a few stings. Also have 2 ground hole nests out back that are dangerous I got to take care of soon! wait til next month when they start landing in soda cans!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

wallyworld

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Already had them chasing a friend for her strawberry coolatta Friday night :o :o

vogel451

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2009, 04:59 PM »
some peoples kids i tell ya, some peoples kids.....
-Mclovin out

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2009, 05:55 PM »
I opened a contactor cabinet at a rail yard in Ohio last week to find a nest the size of 2 watermelons. Never have I seen one that big. I quietly shut the door and ran like a young guy. The Railroad guys hit it with 5 or 6 cans of some noxious stuff they use. I waited till the next day before opening the door again.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishlakegeorge

« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2009, 07:22 PM »
I get stung up every year. My beagle got it so bad last year his eyes were swollen shut, only one of mine was. Benadryl worked for both of us. Demons from hell!

mschott

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2009, 07:52 PM »
I've seen alot of the white faced hornets this year too.I think their favorite place to build is on the bottom of the power co. transformers .I dont usually notice them till i'm  there .

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2009, 08:00 PM »

Snagger, I hope those kids got a welt as big as the hole they made in your wall.. ;D ;D Had a bunch buzzing my tuna fish sandwiches today...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Gambler

« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2009, 10:27 PM »
I have never had much of a problem with bees or wasps in the 20 years that I have lived here. In the past month I killed a smaller yellowjacket hive  on the back of my shed and I had one about the size of a basketball fall out of my upside down canoe. Now I have one in my electric transformer box (I have underground electric feed). The box is locked shut and can't be legally opened. so how do I go about getting rid of them?? Any suggestions??
Take Care and God Bless!

Rick

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
« Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2009, 11:58 PM »
I had a lot of fun killing the real big bee`s that drill a hole in wood, I got my big minnow net out and tried to get as many as I could a once. 5 was my best

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
« Reply #10 on: Aug 31, 2009, 11:59 PM »
I have never had much of a problem with bees or wasps in the 20 years that I have lived here. In the past month I killed a smaller yellowjacket hive  on the back of my shed and I had one about the size of a basketball fall out of my upside down canoe. Now I have one in my electric transformer box (I have underground electric feed). The box is locked shut and can't be legally opened. so how do I go about getting rid of them?? Any suggestions??
call nimo and grab a beer and watch the fun

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Sep 01, 2009, 03:14 AM »
Call the power company.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 01, 2009, 07:35 AM »
the one in my pine tree was huge!  3 cans of spray  ..... i put moth balls in canoe  kayaks and boat  seems to help alot
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2009, 07:43 AM »
they where attacking me yesterday at oswego dam parking lot trying to put on my waders..  :blink:
Loren .W.

mealworm

• snoogan
« Reply #14 on: Sep 01, 2009, 08:16 AM »
the white hornets built a nest about the size of a basket ball at my mothers house, we tried spray but they built the nest way up in the peak and the spray won't reach, so we used the garden hose to knock the nest down but the hornets are rebuilding

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.