FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: yellow jackets  (Read 8206 times)

AntiDirtBag

Re: yellow jackets
« Reply #60 on: Sep 15, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Usually pesticide control companies use a Permethrin powder or a Carbaryl powder.
Sevin brand garden insecticde contains carbaryl as the active ingredient.
Terro brand ant/wasp dust contains Permethrin.
You can puff it into holes and crevices using a specific duster (adjuvant duster) or an empty mustard bottle.
Dust any area you see the wasps, bees hornets etc. landing around. The bees track it on their feet, ingest it and take it back to the hive.
Many bee keepers are intersted in removing honey bee nests here in NY for free or a nominal fee. They are in need of honey bees due to the increasing lack of bees due to issues with mites.
Evening is best to due any spraying or applying as the bees usually are in the nest and a bit more lethargic.
Wow, thank you for the exceptional information, fishingjason, very informative.

BBK

« Reply #61 on: Sep 15, 2009, 05:53 PM »
mud daubbers. do they make tubes, one next to the others?

No, they look like someone splatted a glob of mud on the wall with a hole on top.  Closest I have seen them is 3 or so feet.

They are black with yellow stripes and red'ish legs.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #62 on: Sep 15, 2009, 09:22 PM »
MAKE SURE YOU DONT KILL HONEY BEES! they're numbers are down, and they polinate the crops that feed us! make sure you know what you are killing!

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #63 on: Sep 15, 2009, 11:10 PM »
MAKE SURE YOU DONT KILL HONEY BEES! they're numbers are down, and they polinate the crops that feed us! make sure you know what you are killing!
i'm going out now to do some more calking! Ya last year I had to pollenate my own zuki with a cotton swab, no good bees!  Hey Trap I might half to call someone if there not dead by thursday!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #64 on: Sep 16, 2009, 06:16 AM »
bbk looks  like  someone made a  mud ball and tossed it up there. mud hornets same ones will  build a nest in the water intake in your boat motor and cause it to over heat !!!! experanced that one!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #65 on: Sep 16, 2009, 06:19 AM »
snagger by the time your done  spraying ,chalking ,and fixing sheetrock you'd be better off calling a exterminator  buddy,plus then you know   you gottem  ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bigdadde66

« Reply #66 on: Sep 16, 2009, 07:53 AM »
dang yellow jackets got me good the other day . was mowing and must have been a ground hive i went over . they gave me a good chase and won with 15 stings later , had 3 still in my shirt when i took it of and 2 others followed me in the house .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.