FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: big dave and the bear  (Read 2392 times)

bigdave1018

big dave and the bear
« on: Aug 26, 2004, 07:47 PM »
we left for old forge sun am at 10:30,arrived at camp ground around 1:30. after dark the critters come out. i was sitting on the porch tues night and just happened to look over my left shoulder to see a bear less then 20 feet from me and moving my way!!!!! i stood up and yelled bear and the bear looked at me like i was nuts, then wandered off to the next cabin. the kicker,less then 5 mins before, the people we were there with went out looking for bears lol. this encounter made my day for sure !!!!!!!!!

panfish lover

Re: big dave and the bear
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2004, 08:46 PM »
we left for old forge sun am at 10:30,arrived at camp ground around 1:30. after dark the critters come out. i was sitting on the porch tues night and just happened to look over my left shoulder to see a bear less then 20 feet from me and moving my way!!!!! i stood up and yelled bear and the bear looked at me like i was nuts, then wandered off to the next cabin. the kicker,less then 5 mins before, the people we were there with went out looking for bears lol. this encounter made my day for sure !!!!!!!!!
:)dave, i think you could have kicked the bears ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2004, 08:49 PM »
Very cool, I've seen a few bears while camping in Moose River Plains. Going up on Monday to do some camping before school starts up on th 7th.

-Zach

6'7", 425 lbs...you could've made that bear your b!tch.

Deposit

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2004, 06:25 AM »
Yes they are a sight!!! I had one come up to me in a deer stand while hunting down in virginia last year. That was the first time I ever had one that close, my knees were knocking I'll tell ya :)

lumberjohn

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2004, 12:18 PM »
There was a report of one spotted along Nine Mile Creek in Marcellus last summer. Likely a juvenille looking for a home turf. They get around.

OTIS

« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2004, 02:06 PM »
One got hit by a car in Wampsville, and then ran down the Erie Canal path and crossed the canal into a cedar swamp last year.  It must not have been hit very badly, they looked for it the next day and never found it.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2004, 09:46 PM »
aw c'mon dave. That bear was probably just lonely and mistook as a friendly partner to cuddle with
Harold

ajwiez2

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2004, 10:38 AM »
aw c'mon dave. That bear was probably just lonely and mistook as a friendly partner to cuddle with
more than likely that bear just wanted some of those perch filets that Dave was munching on while he was sitting on the porch, I mean who in their right mind wouldn't want to help Dave eat something as good perch filets. HA HA HA

panfish lover

« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2004, 11:42 AM »
more than likely that bear just wanted some of those perch filets that Dave was munching on while he was sitting on the porch, I mean who in their right mind wouldn't want to help Dave eat something as good perch filets. HA HA HA
;D They werent perch filets,Dave was eating some of his favorite sheapshead filets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigdave1018

« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2004, 08:04 AM »
howey,aj and pl my bud, i feels da love~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.