FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: yesterdays perch  (Read 1865 times)

rnksurfnturf

yesterdays perch
« on: Apr 15, 2012, 09:38 PM »
hey everyone,
did well on perch  sat at otisco...kept 44...interesting observation...alot of them the stomachs were FULL with a black mud looking substance

last week i kept 40 aand they had worms,minnows or crayfish in their bellies.......

whats with the black mud?....has to do with spawning?

ive seen them with zebra mussels but you could tell ....this is pure mud..almost like a clay and the belly was FULL

inquiring minds would like to know!!!

Munson

Re: yesterdays perch
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2012, 09:46 PM »
hey everyone,
did well on perch  sat at otisco...kept 44...interesting observation...alot of them the stomachs were FULL with a black mud looking substance

last week i kept 40 aand they had worms,minnows or crayfish in their bellies.......

ive seen them with zebra mussels but you could tell ....this is pure mud..almost like a clay and the belly was FULL

That would be digested and compacted bug larva.   Smells pretty bad too.    I've seen it in the bellies of fish that I've caught in the Hudson River and Swinging Bridge Rs.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2012, 10:09 PM »
hey everyone,

With the warmer than average weather, there has been early hatch's of larvae. Most of what your seeing is a mixture of silt, and fresh hatch. Stinks like heck, but doesn't bother the meat at all.

rnksurfnturf

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2012, 10:15 PM »
whats funny is a week ago....i didnt really notice....it just seemed there was a lot more fish with alot bigger bellies with this stuff in it this week.....

i guess its just cuz im fishin more often and notice things ;D ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.