FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: You Wouldn't Wish This On Your Worst Enemy  (Read 3757 times)

Bluegillonafly

You Wouldn't Wish This On Your Worst Enemy
« on: Jul 01, 2015, 11:41 AM »
Well, I've been diagnosed with Lyme disease.  I have never felt this bad in my life.  Classic "bullseye" rash under my left arm.  Fever, chills, headache,joints ache, no appetite, can't sleep and no energy whatsoever.  I've been living on the couch for 4 days and its a chore just to get up for a glass of water.
Started antibiotic treatment yesterday.  Sure hope it works.  They say up to 20% of the population that becomes infected can have reoccurring symptoms for up to 2 years.  If any of you guys are out in the woods as much as I am (i.e. cutting firewood) you need to dress properly.  I haven't been but you can bet I will from now on if I can get over this.  Sure is putting a crimp in my bluegill forays!! >:(

Bartman44

Re: You Wouldn't Wish This On Your Worst Enemy
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2015, 12:04 PM »
Get better soon. One of my family members got it and they didn't diagnose it right away, probably because it didn't have the classic bulls eye and he was real bad for a while but when they finally got it right and put him on the antibiotic, he fully recovered and is fine now. I hope the AB works for you.

Bart     

Stonecat

« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2015, 12:29 PM »
Not one who would recommend 'Kool-Aid' documentaries but from what I've seen with family and friends:http://www.underourskin.com/#home-emergence [Both 1 and 2] Check online streaming, your local library or buy and pass around to friends.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2015, 01:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that buddy get well soon..the gills are hungry..crappies to..ticks are bad this yr ...worse than last yr i think..

Reel Force

« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2015, 01:43 PM »
I got nailed 2 years ago, first round of treatment didn't work. The second round was Doxycycline, if they put you on this make sure you stay out of the sun! Now one of the side effects I have from it is Neuropathy (nerve damage) in my feet, and it's working it's was into my hands.

First pic is the day I noticed it. (felt just like you did) The following pics are a month later. Bullseye grew over most of my back, and up over my shoulder. I had 14 satellite bulleyes all over my body.

O

« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Wow, that's got to be no fun whatsoever.   Sorry to hear about this, I guess I have been lucky.  I spray my turkey clothes down real good with repellent, but any other time I am in the woods, I don't.  I certainly will from now on.

Get well soon and back on the water!

UglyStik

« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Found one on my back Thrusday, 1st time I am aware of that I have been bitten. Tried (unsuccessfully) to remove it, but went to Dr.'s anyway. He said new protocol from CDC is see a doctor and they will put you on Doxcycline as a preventative. It was one course of two pills. Then you can get tested at 6 weeks for Lyme. He also recommended  I not try to pull it out next time, the remainder had burrowed in and made it worse for him to get out.
Hope you feel better quick.
I am outdoors 3 to 4x a week, always was pretty careful about putting spray on, checking for bites, etc. but one finally got me.  >:( I guess there are those that have and those that will.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2015, 05:18 PM »
That stinks Bluegill. I hope you get a handle on it quickly.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

reeleyz

« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Good luck bluegill. I hope the antibiotic takes care of it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2015, 06:41 PM »

Get well soon

KingPerch

« Reply #10 on: Jul 01, 2015, 07:07 PM »
 Wishing you a speedy recovery! Get well soon! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #11 on: Jul 01, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  I felt a little better this afternoon.  Not sure if its just the pain meds or if the
Doxycycline is starting to have some positive results.  Keep those fishing reports coming boys.   

rp dog

« Reply #12 on: Jul 01, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Take care and get well soon.

candojo

« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2015, 09:42 PM »
Bluegill
  You had better beat this or Raymond , Jesse, and Johnny will be upset , i'll get you on the pontoon boat and i guarantee you'll feel better. I hope the meds work for you. 

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #14 on: Jul 02, 2015, 07:23 AM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Get well soon! 8)
2X that
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.