FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing line  (Read 2619 times)

brookiebandit13

• Bring on the bite!
Fishing line
« on: Jan 07, 2007, 10:54 AM »
What brand, color, lb test, etc. seems to work best for a universal rod. i am currently fond of my 5ft ugly stick but in might step up in size a little.

Brookie Bandit

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Whoho, This is a good one, he is fightin good, here he comes ------- SNAP!!!

bigdave1018

Re: Fishing line
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2007, 05:00 PM »
i cant see so i use 4 lb yellow or 6 lb fluorescence blue line on my ultralight rods. the 4 lb is from bass pro shops and its mr crappie line. its good line , no problems and the price was right. i also use 6 lb test for larger fish which is shakespear sigma. i bought it from a shop that had to close. i bought 3 -9000 yd spools for 50$!!!!!!!!!! i sold one for 25$ and kept the other 2. the line works for me and was inexpensive. i have many ul rods from 5 1/2 ft --- 7 ft and use either 4 or 6 lb on either. hope this helps, bb tight lines and you cant go wrong with the ugly stick. and yes i even have 3 of those that i never use but keep when the nieces and nephews want to go with me fishing. bigdave out

brookiebandit13

• Bring on the bite!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2007, 07:27 AM »
Thanks for the Advice. normally i use 4 or 6 lb but the color is what i was looking for. Thanks again for the help.

Brookie Bandit
Whoho, This is a good one, he is fightin good, here he comes ------- SNAP!!!

PolarEscape

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2007, 01:58 PM »
i cant see so i use 4 lb yellow or 6 lb fluorescence blue line on my ultralight rods. the 4 lb is from bass pro shops and its mr crappie line. its good line , no problems and the price was right. i also use 6 lb test for larger fish which is shakespear sigma. i bought it from a shop that had to close. i bought 3 -9000 yd spools for 50$!!!!!!!!!! i sold one for 25$ and kept the other 2. the line works for me and was inexpensive. i have many ul rods from 5 1/2 ft --- 7 ft and use either 4 or 6 lb on either. hope this helps, bb tight lines and you cant go wrong with the ugly stick. and yes i even have 3 of those that i never use but keep when the nieces and nephews want to go with me fishing. bigdave out
I also use Ugly stick rods, they are very duarable, The pole you select will tell you the proper lie size to be most effective with that particular set up. Stay within the specs and you do fine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.