FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: rod holders  (Read 1431 times)

pirate

rod holders
« on: May 15, 2007, 07:12 AM »
i have a new boat and i'm getting set up for some dipsy/jet fishing ,looking for some sugestions on rod holders i'm nervous about drilling holes.

islander65

Re: rod holders
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 08:29 AM »
I have Tite Lok rod holders on my boat:

http://www.titelok.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_21_26&products_id=41

They are completely adjustable to meet your trolling needs, use them with both large and small dipsies for salmon and eyes.  They also offer track systems as well.  Remeber to place a block of plywood under the gunnel of your boat in the area you will be mounting the rod holder base for added support.

Willie Ketchum

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:53 AM »
As dipsy's put alot of pressure on the rod holder, I would suggest you get over the fear of drilling..Having outfits go over the side will make you even more nervous :) I have had good luck with the "Fish On" rod holders from Tempress. They are strong and easy to adjust and quickly remove from their bases when not in use. And Islander is spot-on about the wood backing..

TJC

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 03:09 PM »
I would drill but if you prefer not to use a bungee cord on the rod or rod holder just in case it does give way. The bungee gives some play to the rod easy to take of and will hold the rod if the holder gives way. I use the tite lock rod holders and like them a lot.

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 07:29 PM »
pirate,

Here's my questyon to you, do you want to look at your shiny new boat or fish out of it. J.K , my wife was upset off when I started drilling holes to  mount riggers, rod holders,depth finders, sub troll  and this year the kicker went right where we board when were swimming.
 There's no greater fear than poking extra holes in your 35,000 dollar Lund and not thinking it over first.
 My advice is this look at every boat you can. Don't just start mounting what works for one person might not work for you.

Tight Lines,
Steve

pirate

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 08:24 PM »
thanks guys for the ideas right now i have a pair of tite lock clamp on style,they're surprisingly strong but i have'nt ran dipsies or jets yet i hope they will hold?

aquaman

• I,ll be home before dark. ( yeah right)
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 07:39 AM »
pirate,

Here's my questyon to you, do you want to look at your shiny new boat or fish out of it. J.K , my wife was upset off when I started drilling holes to  mount riggers, rod holders,depth finders, sub troll  and this year the kicker went right where we board when were swimming.
 There's no greater fear than poking extra holes in your 35,000 dollar Lund and not thinking it over first.
 My advice is this look at every boat you can. Don't just start mounting what works for one person might not work for you.

Tight Lines,
Steve

Got the same problem with a kicker. how do you swimmers board your boat now? Had the sling over the side ladder once and found it difficult for some to mucle up them
I remember EVERY TIME I fished or hunted. The REST of the time I...uh...um..... musta been doing something else that didnt matter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.