FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: honeoye  (Read 1486 times)

pirate

honeoye
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:41 PM »
went fishing opening weekend got my 3 15 in 15in and one16,i was fishing in about 8ft .when i got to the launch i met some guys who also did welland had limits.i took a look inside his livewell and after seeing his fish ididn't want him to see mine.his fish could have ate mine,all were18to 21in,so i asked him where and how.the guy was very nice and had no problem telling me he got them in water 14to18ft inever fished that deep in spring at night.

wannafish

Re: honeoye
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 07:58 AM »
went fishing opening weekend got my 3 15 in 15in and one16,i was fishing in about 8ft .when i got to the launch i met some guys who also did welland had limits.i took a look inside his livewell and after seeing his fish ididn't want him to see mine.his fish could have ate mine,all were18to 21in,so i asked him where and how.the guy was very nice and had no problem telling me he got them in water 14to18ft inever fished that deep in spring at night.

what were you using? did you catch a glimpse at what the other guy was using? we have fished there before using rapalas and caught dinks, have yet to fish there and catch a legal fish.

pirate

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 03:32 PM »
i was using #7 floating rapalas in fire tiger,i had the same problem last year with keepers.i looked at  agrowth rate chart and i'm convinced the fish that didn't keep will keep this year.the guy i talked to was uing a 7ft leader with1/2 once eeg sinker to get the #13raps down.

wannafish

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:17 AM »
i was using #7 floating rapalas in fire tiger,i had the same problem last year with keepers.i looked at  agrowth rate chart and i'm convinced the fish that didn't keep will keep this year.the guy i talked to was uing a 7ft leader with1/2 once eeg sinker to get the #13raps down.

thanks for the infor pirate. i quess we will keep trying what we have been trying and hope for bigger fish.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Hey I read somewhere that you need a special permit from rochester water authority to fish this lake any info??
Only ice fished it never from the open water.
Thanks
Internet heros give it a rest!

FrankM

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 11:10 AM »
You dont need a permit for Honeoye.  Hemlock is the one you need a permit for.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

tughillmcd

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Hey I read somewhere that you need a special permit from rochester water authority to fish this lake any info??
Only ice fished it never from the open water.
Thanks

I think you are refering to Hemlock Lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.