FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Need help finding a spare spool.  (Read 1450 times)

JustOsmo

Need help finding a spare spool.
« on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:02 AM »
The Rod Reel Combo for the Phlueger Trion GX-7 (reel model # 4735Gx) came in yesterday and like I suspected the rod and reel combo didnt come with a spare spool like buying the reel separate would have. So now I am stuck trying to find a compatible spool. I called their parts store and they dont have spare spools in stock. They are doing to see if they can get one for me but I dont have high hopes.

So anyone have any suggestions?

JustOsmo

Re: Need help finding a spare spool.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:05 AM »
Wow... seriously? I found 2 BRAND NEW model number 4735GX Spare Spinning Spools.

Talk about getting lucky.

slipperybob

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:36 AM »
Lucky!
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

eyedoktr

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:37 AM »
I wish that companies would not include spare spools and lower the reel price. If I want to change # test line, then I also will want another type/strength/length  rod. It's easier to just grab another entire set up and keep fishing. I toss all the extra spools I get in the trash.
Pete Lewis

slipperybob

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:44 AM »
I agree that having a extra identical set up is the best way to go.  Sometimes those rare situation where you're line is just totally messed and you haven't the time to respool the extra spare spool would be a little more convenient.  It helps to have a spare spool especially in the case of using braid.  When my braid gets old on the spool, all I have to do is reverse the braid onto the spare spool and I've got basically new braid on.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2010, 10:25 AM »
I'd give Cabela's a call...they're pretty good for having/getting spare spools. Worth a shot...
"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies

JustOsmo

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:04 AM »
I wish that companies would not include spare spools and lower the reel price. If I want to change # test line, then I also will want another type/strength/length  rod. It's easier to just grab another entire set up and keep fishing. I toss all the extra spools I get in the trash.

Same lb test 1 reel spool of mono and 1 of flouro. I was told they have diff characteristics. IE Mono floats better and Floruo sinks. Which means easily switching from 1 to the other means I can take full advantage of the lures i use.

So no having a diff reel setup would not be as useful. Maybe if its for diff lb test. But having 2 for 2 diff types of line with same lb test is very useful.

JustOsmo

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:07 AM »
I'd give Cabela's a call...they're pretty good for having/getting spare spools. Worth a shot...

Good idea. I think ill win the biddign for the ebay auction though and can get it very cheap. If i fail at winnning ill def call them.

stoph

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2010, 01:02 PM »
having spare spools is really important to me, it's really, really usefull to have different lines ready spooled for the same set up. i'm not a millionaire, no way can i afford a different set up for each bait i like to throw. (even my ice rod + reel set ups have spare spools!) I don't wanna just make do, i want to be able to use the exact line i want, and its not always the same!
 Eyedoktr, you should try putting those spare spools on e-bay instead!  ;D one mans trash is anothers treasure and all that.

ryno-salmon-slayer

• Fish On
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2010, 02:05 PM »
The Rod Reel Combo for the Phlueger Trion GX-7 (reel model # 4735Gx) came in yesterday and like I suspected the rod and reel combo didnt come with a spare spool like buying the reel separate would have. So now I am stuck trying to find a compatible spool. I called their parts store and they dont have spare spools in stock. They are doing to see if they can get one for me but I dont have high hopes.

So anyone have any suggestions?
im wondering the same thing...if you find one lemme kno!!!!...i have that same combo n LOVE it ...its an awesome reel!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.