FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Has anyone been able to fish ANY shores/beaches/bridges/docks/piers????  (Read 4416 times)

westernmas

I'm debating a seabass trip this coming weekend but have no idea if where I like to launch my kayak is going to be open.  Typically they open the beach section on Memorial Day so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  The next closest launch would be a heck of ride in a yak to get to productive grounds.  Anyone know if towns are publishing what beaches or open/closed?
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
The issue I was looking at was that shore fishing was allowed, but if you cannot park in a lot designated for beach parking, and don't live in that particular area, how do you get to the shore?
You know the story: Yes, you can fish the beach, but the beach parking lot is closed or restricted to "residents only".

We'll se how it goes in the days, weeks and months to come.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

lowaccord66

The issue I was looking at was that shore fishing was allowed, but if you cannot park in a lot designated for beach parking, and don't live in that particular area, how do you get to the shore?
You know the story: Yes, you can fish the beach, but the beach parking lot is closed or restricted to "residents only".

Do it how I used to....big note in the car windshield "broken down, do not tow, private tow on its way"

Worked wonders for limited access spots.  I always wanted to use Uber to access spots. 

westernmas

Get a bike
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
I'm debating a seabass trip this coming weekend but have no idea if where I like to launch my kayak is going to be open.  Typically they open the beach section on Memorial Day so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  The next closest launch would be a heck of ride in a yak to get to productive grounds.  Anyone know if towns are publishing what beaches or open/closed?
if you are fishing the old channel in bb then you will have no problem parking at the usual areas and I can even pm you some other areas to park and launch that are less crowded

stripernut

I have done well at Halibut State Park over the years and you should be able to park there( during the day).

200fisher

I heard as well. it will definitely happen this spring for at least temporarily. already shoulder to shoulder in some spots this weekend and there was no fish. as soon as the fish show up and the show begins the plug will be pulled with this social distance thing. commercial is not set in stone yet and doesn't seem like their emergency enactment is gaining any ground.
Canal is now closed to commercial fishing.
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

lowaccord66

Crazy.

CMD1987

90 days. Vote to make it permanent on August 20.

lowaccord66

90 days. Vote to make it permanent on August 20.

Anyone know why they are trying to Ban it there? 

200fisher

Anyone know why they are trying to Ban it there?

It’s all about enforcement. It’s too confusing when one group can’t keep a fish 35” and up while another group can’t keep anything under 35. It’s an enforcement nightmare.
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

It’s all about enforcement. It’s too confusing when one group can’t keep a fish 35” and up while another group can’t keep anything under 35. It’s an enforcement nightmare.
yup because its really hard to look for people with large fish on a Monday or Wednesday and think huh i better go check them and see if they have a license. They should check their licenses like they already should be doing. these fisheries managers make no sense

stripernut

Part of the reason if I understand it right is that the Canal is owned/managed by the Army Corp of Engineers and the first mandate for the canal is for shipping, second is recreational use, not commercial use (com fishing). With the complaints of what goes on at the canal closing the com fishing is one of the tools, they have to possibly cut back on numbers and abuse.
I stopped fishing the canal a long time ago as many of the anglers acted like @SS#oles and I fish for fun, not to put up with the behavior I have seen down there. I also would like to see stripers become a sports fish, so I don't have a problem with the closure.

Steve H.

I also would like to see stripers become a sports fish, so I don't have a problem with the closure.

Me too.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

Part of the reason if I understand it right is that the Canal is owned/managed by the Army Corp of Engineers and the first mandate for the canal is for shipping, second is recreational use, not commercial use (com fishing). With the complaints of what goes on at the canal closing the com fishing is one of the tools, they have to possibly cut back on numbers and abuse.
I stopped fishing the canal a long time ago as many of the anglers acted like @SS#oles and I fish for fun, not to put up with the behavior I have seen down there. I also would like to see stripers become a sports fish, so I don't have a problem with the closure.
they have been saying if this doesn't decrease the noise and vice ( and we all know it wont) then they will take further measures to restrict parking and possibly close it to all fishing if need be.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.