FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Has anyone been able to fish ANY shores/beaches/bridges/docks/piers????  (Read 4417 times)

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
With all the restrictions put in place, some which sound completely random and asinine, I'm wondering if anyone has been able to do any salt water fishing from shore?

Funny how the governor says fishing is ok, but they the town close all beaches, beach lots and many bridges and docks, so exactly how the hell are we supposed to fish?
Maybe the stimulus check was meant for us to buy drones so we can fish from home?

After the initial safety concerns were met, the bureaucracy took over and the rules and regulations started to go into overdrive.

Thankfully I've been able to get out for some freshwater action.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Steve H.

Fortunately for me, I live close enough to the coast that my wife dropped me off for a few hours last weekend to fish.  I might bicycle down at some point too.  I understand not everyone can do these and I can't wait for parking, even limited, to reopen.  I'm fishing at daybreak so shouldn't have problem finding parking even at 50% capacity which is to be expected in the next reopening phase.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Fishermantim

I do most of my salt fishing at night, and about 25% of my fresh at night.

If you want to see how crazy and insane these regulations are, check out ANY hiking trail in the state/region.
When you see dozens of cars, sometimes grossly exceeding the parking limit for that lot, it makes me wonder if the "powers-that-be" really know what they're talking about?

Most times the answer is a resounding "NO".
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

lowaccord66

If you want to see how crazy and insane these regulations are, check out ANY hiking trail in the state/region.
When you see dozens of cars, sometimes grossly exceeding the parking limit for that lot, it makes me wonder if the "powers-that-be" really know what they're talking about?

I've been surfcasting for quite some time and while these new regulations are a bit overbearing the amount of crap I've dealt with to fish the shore is unimaginable.  I'll still get out.  Have to be sneaky but most of the good shore spots have very very limited access anyways and or weird seldom used easements. 

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.

I'll second that. I've been turkey hunting in the Wachusett's area and at noon the hiking parking lots are full and they sre parking along the streets. CRAZY

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
I havent had any issue on the cape. only thing i ran into was south Cape beach parking lot being closed but i parked in the town beach lot 200yds away instead

lowaccord66

I havent had any issue on the cape. only thing i ran into was south Cape beach parking lot being closed but i parked in the town beach lot 200yds away instead

That's good.  Some rumors saying they will close the canal. 

200fisher

That's good.  Some rumors saying they will close the canal.
I think they’re considering a canal closure for commercial guys only. Recs should be ok.
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

lowaccord66

I think they’re considering a canal closure for commercial guys only. Recs should be ok.

I heard the opposite...guess we will have to see!

CMD1987

I also heard closing for commercial -

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

I heard as well. it will definitely happen this spring for at least temporarily. already shoulder to shoulder in some spots this weekend and there was no fish. as soon as the fish show up and the show begins the plug will be pulled with this social distance thing. commercial is not set in stone yet and doesn't seem like their emergency enactment is gaining any ground.

lowaccord66

I also heard closing for commercial -

That wouldn't bother me, but I have friends that fish commercially it would affect.

Fishermantim

One of my spring spots (not a spot burn as it's a well known spot) is the bridge in Duxbury.
The lots and the bridge were closed.
Apparently they are allowing limited beach access (daylight hours only) and not beach access south of the bridge (plovers this time).
What sucks is that since I do most of my salt water fishing at night, many spots are "closed" now at night.

If this continues I WILL be requesting a refund of my salt water permit, since I cannot use it where I would normally.
They say fishing is "open" but if you can't get to the spot you would usually fish, or can't fish WHEN you would usually fish, what good is it?
(it sounds like a breach of contract - sell permits to fish but refuse/prevent use of permit by means of restrictions)

lowaccord66

In mass the government can't close the beach as its held in the public trust.  You'll need to get with the coastal management office re Duxbury and have them reach out to the local officials. Fishing, fowling, and navigation of Mass beaches is held in the public trust and protected by the states constitution.  The coastal management office helped me battle Marblehead when their cops were illegally removing me from certain sections of shoreline I was accessing through a public easement.  It's a ton of work but if you don't do it you have no rights to complain.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

fishing isn't closed parking can be an issue. just need go put in more work. refund would be invalid as fishing is not inhibited

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.