FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SkiJiggers?  (Read 7237 times)

mowbizz

SkiJiggers?
« on: Sep 12, 2018, 09:58 PM »
Anyone know anything about these and how they work for trolling?
Also, where to get one or two?
Thanks!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
Re: SkiJiggers?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2018, 11:10 PM »
Anyone know anything about these and how they work for trolling?
Also, where to get one or two?
Thanks!
They work, as do quite a few other lead core trolling methods, e.g. planer boards, rod pumpers, inline boards etc.. Some, say they work better...
The NH outfit that made them went out of business 3 or 4 years ago, so, your only option is to try to find them second hand.

mowbizz

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2018, 09:22 AM »
They work, as do quite a few other lead core trolling methods, e.g. planer boards, rod pumpers, inline boards etc.. Some, say they work better...
The NH outfit that made them went out of business 3 or 4 years ago, so, your only option is to try to find them second hand.

Okay, thanks for that info!
Wonder why they went out of business if they had a product that gets so many good reviews (from bits and pieces on the internet)?

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Okay, thanks for that info!
Wonder why they went out of business if they had a product that gets so many good reviews (from bits and pieces on the internet)?

It’s a very niche market. There’s not to many of us trollers today. I also think that the business was a side job for them. Probably just weren’t making enough money to justify it.

I have some of there flies, and regret not buying more. The best quality flies I have ever owned.

mowbizz

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Thanks...yes, with a “niche” business like this it’s hard to tell why one would give it up. Perhaps he saturated the market at its peak then sales plummeted. I wish there were a couple for sale...I would have liked to try them.

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Thanks...yes, with a “niche” business like this it’s hard to tell why one would give it up. Perhaps he saturated the market at its peak then sales plummeted. I wish there were a couple for sale...I would have liked to try them.

Keep an eye out on Craigslist, and also on the fishlakewinni site. A few guys over there have sold some in the past few years.

It’s about that time of year for people to sell some of their fishing stuff...

mowbizz

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2018, 04:22 PM »
I search hi and lo...and there’s no jiggers except the jigging boxes which are a bit rich for me at $600 apiece!

fishlessman

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2018, 02:31 PM »
the skijiggers are really great.  i believe paul, the maker, changed jobs, his old job gave him time to build product while taking phone calls.  have never seen a second hand skijigger, those that use them seem to keep them.  his streamers fish well too,  he uses alot of different colors you just dont see in traditional patterns

Jack1972

« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2018, 11:30 AM »
My curiosity has been peaked.  WTH is a skijigger?

fishlessman

« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2018, 02:06 PM »
My curiosity has been peaked.  WTH is a skijigger?

its a planer board with a self propelled jigging device. it came as a standard 8 foot jig, a 6 foot, 4 foot, and quick jig.  a propeller up front would jig it in forward, allow the lure to stall momentarily, drop  the lure back, stall again, then retrieve forward mimicking a feeding fish. i use the skijiggers and use whats called downjiggers which allows the lure to jig down at depth off the down riggers. they are still on you tube if you want to see them. the down jiggers have been around for a few decades, the skijiggers were relatively new

mowbizz

« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2018, 06:50 PM »
its a planer board with a self propelled jigging device. it came as a standard 8 foot jig, a 6 foot, 4 foot, and quick jig.  a propeller up front would jig it in forward, allow the lure to stall momentarily, drop  the lure back, stall again, then retrieve forward mimicking a feeding fish. i use the skijiggers and use whats called downjiggers which allows the lure to jig down at depth off the down riggers. they are still on you tube if you want to see them. the down jiggers have been around for a few decades, the skijiggers were relatively new

I’ve seen the YouTube vids but they don’t show any jigging action at all...pretty poor videos with just the actual planer part being pulled through the water. Along with that some lame music is being played...lol

fishlessman

« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2018, 10:22 AM »
I’ve seen the YouTube vids but they don’t show any jigging action at all...pretty poor videos with just the actual planer part being pulled through the water. Along with that some lame music is being played...lol

this shows it but its a quick jig so the drop back is short, its on a down jigger but its the same mechanism on the skijigger.  the line on the back has a release clip for the fishing line

mowbizz

« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2018, 01:43 PM »
this shows it but its a quick jig so the drop back is short, its on a down jigger but its the same mechanism on the skijigger.  the line on the back has a release clip for the fishing line

Ok I could see the short jig stroke...quite the ingenious device!
Sure you don’t want to sell me one?   ;)

fishlessman

« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2018, 02:40 PM »
looks like he is selling the business, its on craiglist nh, enter skijigger. maybe send him a reply asking if he will sell one, or buy the business ;D

CeeDeeStreamers

« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2019, 08:07 AM »
So this old string today and thought I would update any with interest.  We have again begun the production and sale of the Skijigger and the G2jigger.  Along with our stremaer flys you can find the products on www.ceedeestreamers.com  We have had a lot of fishing success with the jiggers over the years and many fishermen have shown interest in them.  Currently we are offering a discount of 16% by using code xmas19 at checkout.  After years of developing and improving these jiggers will run all day at any speed.  Hint:  if you troll streamers and use jiggers keep your speed up.  I troll 3-3.5 mph at all times and find this speed triggers more strikes than slower speeds required for most lures.
Glad to answer any questions. 
Paul

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.