FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pontoon trolling motor  (Read 1332 times)

fishon603

Pontoon trolling motor
« on: Apr 20, 2021, 10:47 AM »
I’ve always been a troller, mainly landlocked salmon and various trout species. Over recent years I’ve been bass fishing more and more over the summer as my home lake gets very busy with boat traffic making summer time trolling a bit of a nightmare! The last few years I experimented with a tiller electric trolling motor on my pontoon, but looking to change that out this year to a bow mount foot control. I’m curious how others have mounted electric trolling motors on a pontoon? Trying to avoid the center location so curious if anyone has one mounted on the bow, but off to the side rather than center. Is control and power still ok? TIA for any tips and input!

mcully

Re: Pontoon trolling motor
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2021, 11:07 AM »
Center option is best for control but just use a quick mount plate to remove it when you want to swim etc.. Mounting to one side or the other would have the motor laying across the bow when stowed so you'd need to have room for the plate and not be impacted by the pontoon. Good luck

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2021, 03:09 PM »
X2 on center of the boat with a quick release.

my other opinion would be to get the I-pilot with the remote and foot control then you can use the remote from anywhere on the pontoon and not have to have the foot pedal if you do not want/need it on the floor while moving around.

fishon603

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2021, 08:35 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I figured/knew center would be the best option. Will look at some other solutions for center mounting. Hoping to have it done in the next few weeks

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2021, 10:04 PM »
X2 on center of the boat with a quick release.

my other opinion would be to get the I-pilot with the remote and foot control then you can use the remote from anywhere on the pontoon and not have to have the foot pedal if you do not want/need it on the floor while moving around.

This.  36v 112 # thrust will move a pontoon no problem.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2021, 10:37 PM »
This.  36v 112 # thrust will move a pontoon no problem.

dam right!

8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.