FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Precision Trolling  (Read 4073 times)

Fisher50

Precision Trolling
« on: Mar 21, 2005, 11:34 AM »
There is a book available, that tells how deep many lures will run, based on how far back they are.   Believe it's called Precision Trolling.  Lots of research went into putting it together, and they update it to keep up with new lures.  It is a very valuable tool, if you want to add to your success.  If you know how deep the fish are suspending, it will tell you how to get there.  It's pricey, but it beats guessing how deep you're fishing. 
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
Re: Precision Trolling
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Thats the name of the book.....but be careful when purchasing one.  I think they are up to "Volume 5"  so try and get the most current one for the new lures out there.  Just my $0.02 worth.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

eyedoktr

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 05:56 AM »
Actually they are on Volume 7. They have also just released a Great Lakes version that includes Dipsey Diver, Lead Core, Slider, etc information.

These are invaluable books for novices and seasoned trollers alike.
Pete Lewis

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 10:50 AM »
eyedoctr,
  I would be interested in the great lakes version.  I have a couple of the older editions which I use alot when flatlining baits mostly.  Do you know where I might be able to find a copy?  Thanks again,
Dr. IceGeek

Bigfish57

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 06:33 PM »
go to amazon.com
Anthony

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 08:51 AM »
I had that same thought moments after I posted the question.  Thanks

eyedoktr

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 11:41 AM »
I don't know if Gander Mtn is selling them yet. I got mine at a buddy's tackle store in Vermilion, OH. I think you can also order them on www.walleyecentral.com

Pete Lewis

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Amazon.com has the newest version (7th edition) as well as the big water edition......Click on the link if you want to check them out

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-1391248-7943313

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 01:54 PM »
I just tested the link and it doesn't work....just go to amazon.com and do a search for "precision trolling"......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.