FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 519301 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1965 on: Apr 01, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Hope everyone had as good a meal with family as I did. Got home to find some of my Iris Reticulata in bloom

Pretty little things.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1966 on: Apr 02, 2018, 05:44 AM »
Nice Bob..   We woke up to half inch of snow.......    :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1967 on: Apr 02, 2018, 08:02 AM »
Nice to see a little color on Easter!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1968 on: Apr 02, 2018, 09:06 AM »
Same to you Eddie! You'd all be welcome here too. I've got enough food in the smoker to feed a small army, a whole brisket, a pork shoulder, and a pan of beans.  Momma's making the tater salad, cole slaw, corn bread, and dog tick pie!    ;D
That does sound good! We had a Prime Rib, Ham, Fresh Maple flavored Spaghetti Squash, Sweet Taters, green Bean Casserole, Shrimp Cocktail, Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Soppersata and Cheese Tray, and Ricotta Pie!  :wacko: :w00t:

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1969 on: Apr 02, 2018, 11:55 AM »
Not as impressive but my daughter and in planted 8 6-packs today. Mainly hot peppers, some beans and some tomatoes. If I get 6 plants total out of them I will be impressed!

starting day 9 of growing seeds. The sugar snap peas, green beans and peas are about 2" tall already. Beefsteak and cherry tomatoes came through last night. still noting from any of the peppers.

during the ncaa game tonight i will plant some other varieties of peppers and i think some picking cucumbers. this all came to mind as i was driving to work in blowing snow....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1970 on: Apr 05, 2018, 07:13 AM »
Hey Dom,
Do you know the rate of flow on your drip water nozzles? How many gallons per whatever time frame. And...do they run continuously or are they time controlled?

I'm working on a drip system for the new trough planter. My first experiment was with a plastic coffee can, a piece of aquarium air hose and an air valve. It allowed a quart to drip in a little over an hour.very adjustable and very cheap gravity feed idea.

I'm thinking about a 5 gallon pail, a PVC manifold, a timer and hoses where I need them. Could be a fun, simple system. I just need to get an idea of how much I should run it.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #1971 on: Apr 05, 2018, 07:34 AM »

Hey Dom,
Do you know the rate of flow on your drip water nozzle?

Rg

Ahhhhh..............

Nevermind

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1972 on: Apr 05, 2018, 01:09 PM »

Ahhhhh..............

Nevermind
:o :o :w00t:

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #1973 on: Apr 05, 2018, 02:51 PM »
Just ordered 9 currant plants and 9 gooseberry plants for the garden. I grew up picking and eating them and now want my boy to be able to experience the same thing. Almost time to to shovel the chicken coop, add it to the garden and then till it.
Wicked Wec

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1974 on: Apr 05, 2018, 03:13 PM »

Sharps ,Chicken manure should be composted for one year before it should be  put on a garden...   Just my opinion........
Its great for big plants but not good for producing fruit and vegetables..  Just my opinion...
Way to hot with lots of nitrogen... :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1975 on: Apr 05, 2018, 03:18 PM »
Bob , i have no clue .
All our drippers are on timers. They get run anywhere from 20mins to 1 1|2 hrs. Depends on what needs what.... :-\

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1976 on: Apr 05, 2018, 03:21 PM »
Lost a big hoop house in the winds.. Last to be filled when everyone gets there toys out of it. .       >:( >:(
New plastic tomorrow...       >:(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1977 on: Apr 05, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Ahhhhh..............

Nevermind

OYE! You kids.

Anyhoooo, thanks Dom.

Sorry about your greenhouse.  Could have been worse I guess. I have enough downed branches to build a good sized bonfire.....
When the weather settles down.

Rg

Bartman44

« Reply #1978 on: Apr 05, 2018, 06:57 PM »
Sorry to hear that, hopeful for a weather change in our favor next week.

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #1979 on: Apr 06, 2018, 06:39 AM »
Sharps ,Chicken manure should be composted for one year before it should be  put on a garden...   Just my opinion........
Its great for big plants but not good for producing fruit and vegetables..  Just my opinion...
Way to hot with lots of nitrogen... :-\

Works GREAT on the corn fields though- composted or raw. Definitely agree about it being very hot from the N. Sorry to hear about your hoop house. Good luck fixing it up!!
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.