FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 519022 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2235 on: Jun 17, 2018, 11:39 AM »

Hot wax.
Bell.
Cherry.
Cubenilla..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2236 on: Jun 17, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Looking good, Ed.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2237 on: Jun 17, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Hot little buggers, Dom!  8)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2238 on: Jun 17, 2018, 01:05 PM »

Dang Dom, I was counting on you....

Whole center branch just died.....

Buggers got way more apples than the other tree that's pretty much perfect and twice as big. The sick one is a mac, the healthy one is Yellow Delicious.

oops that was my North Star cherry.....

MattyP123

« Reply #2239 on: Jun 17, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Who done it?

brussels & cauliflower have healthy leaves bit off

a couple pepper tops chopped off.  1 hot and 1 sweet.
Looked for cuterworms and didn't find any. Only thing I found was a green caterpillar about I---------------I big.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2240 on: Jun 17, 2018, 07:17 PM »
Matty  looks like cutworms...
Look them up..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

boondox

« Reply #2241 on: Jun 17, 2018, 07:30 PM »
Who done it?

brussels & cauliflower have healthy leaves bit off

a couple pepper tops chopped off.  1 hot and 1 sweet.
Looked for cuterworms and didn't find any. Only thing I found was a green caterpillar about I---------------I big.

Get a picture of the green catipilar!!  but if any thing it sounds like a problem..

MattyP123

« Reply #2242 on: Jun 17, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Matty  looks like cutworms...
Look them up..
I have a little then dug a little checking for them w/ out finding anything, then checked every plant itself only finding that 1 green caterpillar . Since my last post I've gone out and checked & another pepper leaf has been lopped off. What ever it is, it didn't leave any evidence. No damage to squash zukes tomatoes or onions.
Also this is a new garden this year if that matters?

bootstrap

« Reply #2243 on: Jun 17, 2018, 08:28 PM »
 a rabbit.

boondox

« Reply #2244 on: Jun 17, 2018, 08:52 PM »
a rabbit.

Wood chuck ? Or wabbit? Quick question is that 2X2 fence or 3 x3 fence opening??  Those are good for deer but not wabbits.. or wood chucks.. the 2x2 is square holes in fence in inches our back yard fence is about 1.5 x1.5 or 2x2 inch .. and wabbits. Still get threw it..  if its 3x3 I would think wood chuck??  Reason I say this is it looks like your property backs up to a over grown field that probably has wabbits in it.. what I suggest get some moth balls and a sock or a ladies nylon and place them hanging about ground level too see if it bugs the rabbit or animal.. I would hate to have you un load a pellet gun in it but some times it's nesseary To save the crop..

MattyP123

« Reply #2245 on: Jun 17, 2018, 10:07 PM »
I want to say 2X2.. Put it up yesterday afternoon blaming bunnies. Your 100% right boondox its cut into a overgrown field. The major pepper damage was pre fence. I don't think woodchuck only because I haven't seen any in ages. Heading back out to check for bugs..  Edit : no bugs 11:15pm. no new damage

filetandrelease

« Reply #2246 on: Jun 18, 2018, 04:49 AM »

http://
Marigolds – The marigold is probably the most well-known plant for repelling insects. French marigolds repel whiteflies and kill bad nematodes. Mexican marigolds are said to offend a host of destructive insects and wild rabbits as well.Oct 26, 2014 and they are pleasant to look at

bootstrap

« Reply #2247 on: Jun 18, 2018, 08:27 AM »
put a layer of chicken wire over the fence you have. they probably wont eat much of the peppers they were just taste testing them. tops of pepper plants should be pinched off, they were just trying to help.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2248 on: Jun 18, 2018, 01:50 PM »
Picking tomatoes day after fathers day in central NY?    :o

boondox

« Reply #2249 on: Jun 18, 2018, 03:42 PM »
http://
Marigolds – The marigold is probably the most well-known plant for repelling insects. French marigolds repel whiteflies and kill bad nematodes. Mexican marigolds are said to offend a host of destructive insects and wild rabbits as well.Oct 26, 2014 and they are pleasant to look at

This and what bootstrap said are other suggestions too..  would hate to see you to have to eat rabbit for dinner just to control a few critters..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.