FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sabres in the playoffs!!!  (Read 15253 times)

Chucker

Re: Sabres in the playoffs!!!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 13, 2006, 05:28 AM »
Amazing that there is still even an outside chance of winning the division and the conference, huh?  Buff would have to win out, and the Sens and Canes would have to tank it, but still....

I'll be there Sunday in 122 to watch the final drubbing of the Leafs for the season, and a little Darcy Tucker payback.

OK, who else has first round tix?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #16 on: Apr 13, 2006, 07:30 AM »
Watch your mouth Chucker...this aint the same Leafs team....and as for Tucker....Briere was on a Local Sports Talk show recanting last night, taking back what he said...personal I think after he said it, he then remembered that they still had to play the leafs one more time.

Should be a good game...Captain Mats..6 more points

blaque

« Reply #17 on: Apr 13, 2006, 10:01 AM »
i think we'll see peters on the ice sunday just in case people get stupid. I dont think youll see much honestly...........I think buffalo will use it to draw an array of penalties throughout the game and lindy will have the boys settled down and not playing into it. He doesnt want someone getting hurt or suspended obviously before playoff time. So i think Buffalo swallows their pride and forgets about it. And i think tucker plays cheapshot artist again at some point in the game again cuz hes got nothing to lose, and gets tossed from the game.  Unless Toronto goes up , then i see a pretty benign 60 minutes

chowder_head

« Reply #18 on: Apr 13, 2006, 01:29 PM »
not to worry, just a blip on the radar for my sens,,sure they lost 4 in a row but the games against the sabres were good ones..i can handle losing to a better than decent club.

whats funny is that my 2 biggest leafs fan buddies backed out of comingover to watch the final leafs/sens game!!! cant blame them really, can only watch your team have their asses handed to them so many times! lol

as for the leafs/sabres game, I say go leafs! lol sabrs are getting too close!
and would somebody please send peters out after that mother tucker!! lol

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

blaque

« Reply #19 on: Apr 13, 2006, 01:42 PM »
lol chowder.......I dont think the sens are gonna drop 3 games straight, nor do i think buffalo is gonna take the next 3. You dont have much to worry about.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2006, 08:04 AM »
Ok ChowderHead...time to tell the truth....we bowed out of watching the Leafs/Sens game due to Family (Easter) obligations...I'd love to watch the Leafs add to the Sens problems.....We are still in the hunt

We also need to drop this Tucker issue....it's in the past.

Both the Sens and the Sabres are about the feel the power of Captain Mats...this has been amazing Hockey to watch

chowder_head

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:35 AM »
you can use easter as an excuse, thats cool with me! lol but tucker will always be a bastard...who I"d love to have on my team.

the thing with mats is he should have been playing this way all season...been very mediocre till the last few games

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

Chucker

« Reply #22 on: Apr 15, 2006, 08:47 PM »
50 wins, 24 road wins.  Both franchise records. 
70 points for Max. 
11 blocked shots for McKee - the guy is a maniac! 
Teppo picking a nice time for his 2nd (heh) goal of the season. 

I'm actually annoyed that I have to eat Easter dinner with family tomorrow.  I'd rather spend my pre-game time eating Super Mighties and washing them down with a loganberry before heading down to the HSBC.

Let's go Buffalo!

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #23 on: Apr 16, 2006, 07:30 PM »
 Happy Easter !!

Sorry to all you nice neighboring Canadians for the rough weekend spent playing hockey with the old Sabres. lol

The defense finally showed up and Miller was awesome in both games!!  Two goals against on 70 shots. :clapping:

Mats who ?

Tucker actually played a respectful game. Sorry to see him still standing. Lindy summed it up well after the game... " Now's not the time, more important issues to deal with other than him "   " We'll have plenty of other opportunities to settle that score "

One more to go and then the real season starts.

Who's it gonna be?    Philly, Rangers, or Jersey?
 Who do the rest of you guys want to see in the first round?

Later, JD
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day of work anytime!

chowder_head

« Reply #24 on: Apr 16, 2006, 07:56 PM »
wow, my sens played horrid the other night against the leafs. I will give the buds props though, played a good game...howver, I watched the game today leafs/sabres and I can say is total dominance! miller stoop on his head! best part though..peters mocking the leafs with the golf swing..that was classic! lol laughed almost as hard as when alfie mocked mats by pretending to throw his stick into the crowd! lol

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #25 on: Apr 16, 2006, 08:20 PM »
I think Peters was actually setting up a golf date...he knows he too will be on the golf course in a few weeks....as if he ever belonged on the ice.

Come on...you cant  look at the Leafs vs. Sabres game as total domiance...it was a team who had their playoof hopes squashed after playing their  best game of the season. what did you expect.

grumpymoe

« Reply #26 on: Apr 16, 2006, 08:29 PM »
whoo whoo....my Leafs are out.....d**n.....the Sabres whalloped them today......whoopdeedoo.....one of the first teams with 50 + wins out in the first round....mark my word....not a good all round team....my pick......Detroit.....hate to say it....Grump

blaque

« Reply #27 on: Apr 17, 2006, 10:21 AM »
honestly bassjunky.........i truly expected a team with the lore of Toronto, ........to come out banging and snappin and upset off that they just got eliminated after fighting their asses off for 10 games plus......and to show they werent just gonna lay down. Take a team like Buffalo down with a good 60 minute hard fought game to bring confidence into next year. Thats what i expected. Not a bunch of Brian Boitano look alikes. I will say that peters golf swing was a little bit classless. But on the same token, his role on the ice isnt to be classy.......lol. I quote lindy Ruff by saying " i can live with it"

Chucker

« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2006, 05:36 AM »
Philly.  Could be interesting.   At least it's not the Deebils in the first round.

Ooh, Ahh, Sabres on the Warpath!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #29 on: Apr 19, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Congrats to you Sabre Fans, your team really ended the season on a High Note...good luck in the first round...I hate Philly...tuff team to beat

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.