FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Decent December  (Read 1906 times)

TightLinesMaine

Decent December
« on: Dec 15, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Got to fish 3 times this month, first two trips were great; multiple fish & multiple species + a "big" fish each time.  3rd trip, pushed my luck a bit too much and finally got a skunk even though I had a chase from a large salmon.

The brown trout was a surprise for me, as they only stocked a limited amount and it was well over a month ago that they stocked this river with brown trout.  Thought for sure it was going to be a decent salmon when she bit.

I think I'm done open water for 2019.  Maybe will try next weekend but not 100% sure, depends on the weather.

seamonkey84

Re: Decent December
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2019, 02:17 PM »
Nice couple of fish right there.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2019, 02:23 PM »
Way to stay on them, Randall!  Very nice fish. Frantic fishing in the 3 times I got out.  Very hard for me to walk, but well worth it.  Then the docs shut me down :P

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2019, 03:00 PM »
Randall , I always like quality over quantity. Nice one’s!

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:37 AM »
Way to stay on them, Randall!  Very nice fish. Frantic fishing in the 3 times I got out.  Very hard for me to walk, but well worth it.  Then the docs shut me down :P

Wow, the 10th of December for me was close to "frantic"... I had several bites from large salmon, including a bite from one that I missed that haunted me for a bit (was in the 20"-22" range) but only landed one however (first picture) :/  the brookies and smaller salmon were crushing streamers too, almost non stop action for an hour straight before the bite slowed.  Buggers and Zonkers were the flies of choice this month.

Hopefully you can still keep your streak in tact this winter? sorry to hear.

Nice couple of fish right there.
Randall , I always like quality over quantity. Nice one’s!

Thanks Chi & Wayne

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2019, 02:17 PM »
12/10 was a nice day for you! 8)   I didn't break the 20" mark for length, but I did push 20 for numbers ;D

As far as the streak goes, it's alive until 1/31.  I have no idea if I'll end up fishing between now and  then :P  I sat down and put together the streak stats since 2011 anticipating that the end of the road could be looming.  Interesting stuff....I've been doing more catching than I was aware of ;)

Wow, the 10th of December for me was close to "frantic"... I had several bites from large salmon, including a bite from one that I missed that haunted me for a bit (was in the 20"-22" range) but only landed one however (first picture) :/  the brookies and smaller salmon were crushing streamers too, almost non stop action for an hour straight before the bite slowed.  Buggers and Zonkers were the flies of choice this month.

Hopefully you can still keep your streak in tact this winter? sorry to hear.

Thanks Chi & Wayne

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2019, 02:43 PM »
Nice photos and report per usual!

franklin fisher

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Great fish as usual. I always enjoy your reports.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.