FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: GPS/Sonar - DI & SI  (Read 8348 times)

ZeroGravity

Re: GPS/Sonar - DI & SI
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2012, 06:37 AM »
Given the warn temps. and the fact that I have been ice fishing up north for the past few weeks, I opted to stay home and get some chores done...  Transfer station, bottles to the redemption center ($38.00 worth), fix the garage door opener, and a few other items, I was then able to get into the Lund and remove the old fish finder and begin installation of the new Humminbird 798.  I have it about 90% complete at this point.  I just need to pick up a 3 amp fuse at NAPA and get a few tools to make sure the transducer is mounted correctly and remove the power hookup for the old fish finder.

I also spend a couple of hours reviewing the owners manual so I could get a sense of how the unit works and what all the button and switches do.....  This thing appears to be pretty amazing, quite a step up from the DX200 I have been using.  I can't wait to get out on the water and see what the SI and DI looks like and works.

Have an awesome day!    <(((-<

_ ZG -

ZeroGravity

« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2012, 02:21 PM »
Saturday I was able to spend the morning on the lake trolling and trying out the new fish finder.  it was basically intended to be a shake down cruise to figure out what works, what doesn't work, and what I forgot to put in the boat.

I was thrilled with the new fish finder.  I was able to use the side imagery, down imagery, and GPS maps.  I also added the Navatronics Premium map chip for even more detailed contour lines on the lake map.

I ended up catching a salmon and a lake trout, both on the fly rod trolling streamer fly.

Heading back out on Saturday.

Have a great day!

- ZG - 

Lifeguard

« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Saturday I was able to spend the morning on the lake trolling and trying out the new fish finder.  it was basically intended to be a shake down cruise to figure out what works, what doesn't work, and what I forgot to put in the boat.

I was thrilled with the new fish finder.  I was able to use the side imagery, down imagery, and GPS maps.  I also added the Navatronics Premium map chip for even more detailed contour lines on the lake map.

I ended up catching a salmon and a lake trout, both on the fly rod trolling streamer fly.

Heading back out on Saturday.

Have a great day!

- ZG - 

Glad you like the new  finder.  I suspect you will continue to like it a little more each time you take it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.