FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spring Rainbow  (Read 1172 times)

SmuckBuck

• Here Kitty Kitty!
Spring Rainbow
« on: Mar 04, 2009, 08:04 AM »
Posted these pics under a different thread. Didn't think anyone saw em.

First trout I have ever caught!

My buddy caught the rest (5 smaller ones). Sun shines on a dogs arse once in awhile!
I live with Fear and Danger everyday, but sometimes She lets me go Fishing!

Rairdog

Re: Spring Rainbow
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Nice trout.  The fist fish I ever caught was a 12 in trout in Washington State on my grandpa's farm spillway.  I was 7.   Been hooked on fishing ever since.  I could barely see over the stove to watch my grandma cook it.  Dug my own worm and used a bent pin for a hook.  Lost a lot of fish with out that barb but I didn't care it just made me try harder and save my money for better tackle.  1969 or so.

SmuckBuck

• Here Kitty Kitty!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:51 AM »
I caught this fish last week when the ice came off. It was definately fun. Last night I smoked it and well......let's just say the taste was not what I was used too :sick: If somebody knows a better way to fix these things please let me know. I would of liked it better if I fileted them and put some Andy's on em.

Rairdog

« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Did you fillet it and brine it.  I brine steelies and salmon in salt, sugar, garlic powder and a little soy overnight.  You can speed up the brine process with more soy to around 1/2 hr or so.  I also like cool smoking overnight with a Lil Chief electric smoker around 120-140 deg.   I used propane and charcoal for years but they get to hot and dry it out to fast.   I have also put them in foil on the grill with lemon pepper and garlic but you really need to like the taste of fish cause its fishy tasting.   

SmuckBuck

• Here Kitty Kitty!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Rairdogg.....Thats the problem. Don't get me wrong I love eating fish, but the smoked trout was very fishy tasting. I think I will stick to pan fish fried or deep fried in Andy's Seasoning. My wife like Salmon as do I, but I cook it very differently. Thanks for the trout cooking info. If I do it again I will try the brine and garlic powder over night.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.