FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite White Bass rivers and streams?  (Read 3454 times)

buzz152

Favorite White Bass rivers and streams?
« on: Mar 06, 2009, 10:17 AM »
Anyone have any rivers and streams that they hit in the spring to knock the White Bass?  Heard that the Wabash river near Markle is a good producer in the spring but wasn't sure if there were any other hot spots as well.  I like my White Bass almost as much as Crappies.  Any info would be great.  Thanks.

imob34

Re: Favorite White Bass rivers and streams?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Below the dam at mississinewa can be great

Bronzebacker

• A-BOMB on I.S.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2009, 12:21 PM »
about when does the run start...??
looking for a little diversity this spring close to home
A-BOMB from IS

backus

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2009, 02:23 PM »
There simply cannot be any better whitebass fishing than the Missenewa river ........upstream from the res.         starting in a couple of weeks       through May    depending on the rivers conditions............This would be between the towns of Somerset and La Fontaine         

rivereddy

« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2009, 06:57 PM »
There's a pretty fair run on the Tippe below Norway.  Raccoon and even Eagle Creek can have their
moments.  I gotta admit it, I just love hammerin the  rascals.........

fish on,

rivereddy

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2009, 07:29 PM »
Whitewater River north of Brookville Res can be pretty good in April/May. Run stops around the second week of May. Also have done well below the dam at Salamonie Res.  Is it easy to find access above Miss. Res? Wouldn't mind going up to catch a few in May.

Rairdog

« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2009, 09:19 PM »
I don't target them much anymore.  Used to troll them on Lake Shaefer.  Wabash is full of them.  Used to slay them at the mouth of Williamsburg ponds in Lafayette.  When they migrate up the White river into lower Cicero creek they are thick.  I am usually chasing crappie and can't keep them off my line. 

bigr

« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2009, 10:24 AM »
The missinawa river upstream from lake,from town of Marion down stream to where the the lake starts to back up. I would put the white bass run in this river as one of the best any where. Big fish and lots of them. 100+ fish days are not uncommon. Try a canoe trip from hyway15 access to the lafontain landing last couple weeks in april and you won,t be sorry. Mepps #2silver aglia with or without hair will do the trick.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.