FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stealth Mode  (Read 1456 times)

crappie rob

Stealth Mode
« on: Mar 08, 2009, 10:08 AM »
Got on 'em this weekend on Eliza!! Fish were in 2 feet of water and in there thick. Had to stand 10 feet from the shoreline and make long casts. Biggest crappie was 12" and was caught by Super Yooper, biggest gill was 9" Took home 41 mixed bag, on Friday, and 42 mixed bag, yesterday. I'm already in trouble with my better half, and "it's" just the beginning!! Hopefully the rain and temps didn't move them back out. Watched 3/4 of the lake thaw on Friday, now completely open!!!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

hook em

Re: Stealth Mode
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:17 PM »

Nice Catch Crappie Rob, Didn't think the crappies would be so Shallow so Soon ????
                       Whats the biggest Crappie you have caught in Indiana Waters ????
                        I finally got a 14 Inch last year,my goal this year is 16 ..........

Hook em

Steuben1

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2009, 03:15 PM »
Got on 'em this weekend on Eliza!! Fish were in 2 feet of water and in there thick. Had to stand 10 feet from the shoreline and make long casts. Biggest crappie was 12" and was caught by Super Yooper, biggest gill was 9" Took home 41 mixed bag, on Friday, and 42 mixed bag, yesterday. I'm already in trouble with my better half, and "it's" just the beginning!! Hopefully the rain and temps didn't move them back out. Watched 3/4 of the lake thaw on Friday, now completely open!!!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

Funny how we have come to expect this from you Rob!  ;D  Great catch and don't worry, if you don't get in trouble, your not fishing enough!

Jeff

crappie rob

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Was on 'em again this afternoon, until the funnel cloud chased us away. Took home 11 fish in about 50 minutes of fishing. Released alot of gills. Open water '09 is off with a "BANG" for me. Going to go try Loomis this afternoon, we'll see what happens. C-ya. Crappie Rob.

crappie rob

« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2009, 03:32 PM »

Nice Catch Crappie Rob, Didn't think the crappies would be so Shallow so Soon ????
                       Whats the biggest Crappie you have caught in Indiana Waters ????
                        I finally got a 14 Inch last year,my goal this year is 16 ..........

Hook em

15"er!! Lake Eliza, last spring. It was a white crappie >:( I'm kinda fond of those black crappies!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2009, 04:14 PM »
Saw a guy with a good 17+ incher yesterday at Brookville Res. Very windy. He caught it by the causeway but got blown off by the wind. We caught one little dink channel cat.  No water to speak of above the causeway. Lots of boats out yesterday. Won't be long until the catfish and crappie bite will be on and the walleyes are ready too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.