FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 343374 times)

TomFish

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #2835 on: Sep 15, 2023, 02:36 PM »
Habitat and access stamps aren't required for hunters and i don't agree with requiring them for others either.
All public land users SHOULD purchase one, definitely, but i don't think they should be compulsory.

Perhaps the state could start an initiative to advertise them to non-hunting demographics like hikers, kayakers, snowmobilers, and campers. Allow them to be sold in other venues like campgrounds and sporting goods stores and outfitters.

62 & Done

« Reply #2836 on: Sep 15, 2023, 06:57 PM »
Ya maybe they will put up a little road side stand along the thru way for all the jersey folks. 

Johnnh

« Reply #2837 on: Sep 16, 2023, 06:22 AM »
Not hunting related, but same holds true in New Hampshire for kayaks and canoes
They use all lakes and river, parking lots and create disasters at ramps.
They use all the same resources from Fish & Game, Department of Safety, First Responders, etc.

I am all for charging them 10 per year per vessel

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2838 on: Sep 16, 2023, 06:44 AM »
you  guys are a  bunch of  whinny a-- old farts that  are just looking  for a reason to complain  .....  if  someone wants to hike   or launch a  kayak  that don't hurt my feelings a  bit  if they are  ny residence  they pay taxes  if  out of  state  chances  are  new  yorkers  visit their  state and  use the  faculities .......  things  cost people to much as it is .................and  people that work at wal mart are  not goons  and  are  very friendly  .......they happen to be our neighbors  and are tring to  make a  living...........shame on you people
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #2839 on: Sep 16, 2023, 07:26 AM »
I agree with Trap… my family visits, kayaks, hikes and fishes other states. I don’t have an issue with non-residents using our resources. As long as they follow the guidelines that we do.

There’s enough animosity and bullshit going on in our country. I don’t want to get on a family site and have to read this crap all over again.
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

62 & Done

« Reply #2840 on: Sep 16, 2023, 01:40 PM »
What's a Habitat stamp cost? Is it any thing that the average person can't afford for all the benefits they receive? Sounds kinda like the welfare system- some people benefit, and some people have a sore back. Like it or not it is the truth.

trapper2000

« Reply #2841 on: Sep 16, 2023, 05:00 PM »
What's a Habitat stamp cost? Is it any thing that the average person can't afford for all the benefits they receive? Sounds kinda like the welfare system- some people benefit, and some people have a sore back. Like it or not it is the truth.

yeah   some   family wants to walk  down a  trail  or  papple  a  kayak  .....them  dirty rats  ....just think  governor hochul could  drop that  money in the general fund  and house  more  illegals   :thumbup_smilie: ...  your a  whinner it's not a  law  making these stamps  mandatory and  your  crying like some   family having a picnic is stealing  from you...... KP is right  this   bs is  getting old  and it's  why this  site is  falling apart  ........so if  whinning  makes ya happy go ahead  ....  look at the  number of  people  here ....no one  is listening any more...........  KP  duck season is  almost here   ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #2842 on: Sep 16, 2023, 06:38 PM »
yeah   some   family wants to walk  down a  trail  or  papple  a  kayak  .....them  dirty rats  ....just think  governor hochul could  drop that  money in the general fund  and house  more  illegals   :thumbup_smilie: ...  your a  whinner it's not a  law  making these stamps  mandatory and  your  crying like some   family having a picnic is stealing  from you...... KP is right  this   bs is  getting old  and it's  why this  site is  falling apart  ........so if  whinning  makes ya happy go ahead  ....  look at the  number of  people  here ....no one  is listening any more...........  KP  duck season is  almost here   ;D
I’ll take duck hunting any day over B.S. End of story!!😎

trapper2000

« Reply #2843 on: Sep 17, 2023, 04:42 AM »
KP you do know we will be BSing in the blind   ;D

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2844 on: Sep 17, 2023, 06:44 AM »
I never really thought about it until seeing it on here. It is not an issue with me, most of those that are using our lakes and trails, either live, work, pay taxes here OR come from other states, buy food, stay in a local business, etc. The bottom line if the state would want to make out of staters pay pretty sure we would be doing it also...h2l

KingPerch

« Reply #2845 on: Sep 17, 2023, 07:01 AM »
KP you do know we will be BSing in the blind   ;D
That’s different though!!😂

62 & Done

« Reply #2846 on: Sep 17, 2023, 12:23 PM »
speaking the truth is not always popular

CAPTJJ

« Reply #2847 on: Sep 17, 2023, 01:44 PM »
Let's get back on track here.

Moose season started here in Haines, AK on Friday. In most of the state they are open to non-residents but in this area it is a subsistence hunt open only to residents that must apply. Bulls only with spike/ forks, 50" wide or having 3 brow tines on one side; with a limit of 25 where the season ends. The check station is right here at headquarters where I stay on my days off and got to see this nice one yesterday. Talked to the hunter and he took his canoe across the river, it's wide and has many channels, to hunt; said he had to wait for the wind to die down before paddling back with all the meat, it gets big whitecaps.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2848 on: Sep 17, 2023, 02:55 PM »

Thanks JJ for the report and pic

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2849 on: Sep 17, 2023, 03:26 PM »
Cool Jeff.. I can’t imagine quartering one of those and try and get it back in a canoe ..✌️
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.