FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157349 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #690 on: Jul 16, 2018, 07:06 AM »
I like the rub mix Bill. Never thought about getting the ingredients from the dollar store. What a great tip. Thanks!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #691 on: Jul 16, 2018, 07:29 AM »
I like the rub mix Bill. Never thought about getting the ingredients from the dollar store. What a great tip. Thanks!

Rg

I got them at DG.
But they are not the 2" x 5" plastic bottles as mentioned and I'm familiar with.
They are smaller.
So I got 2 of each.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #692 on: Jul 16, 2018, 06:55 PM »
Hey...I can make a smaller batch ;D.

Gotta do a Weber load of wings for happy hour on Wednesday. It's gonna be our first community horseshoe tournament. Wish I had a cameraman. Could get really silly.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #693 on: Jul 21, 2018, 01:33 PM »
Well.....here it is! My Masterbuilt digital electric smoker.

It went on sale for $149 down from $179. This one has a small dent in the side. Coat me $75 less my $7.50 employee discount and $6.75 for using my Amazon rewards card. Final cost....$60.75 plus tax.

Ribs are in the smoker!

WE BE SMOKIN'!

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #694 on: Jul 21, 2018, 01:56 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Mac Attack

« Reply #695 on: Jul 21, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Bob
Been researching to locate some cheap throw away tin foil drip trays.  Need like 12.25” x 14.25” if my mind is good.
The drip pan in it is more useful as a moisture tray to add moisture to the smoke.  Too much fat and drippings fall past it.
Also, I picked up a cool rubber boot tray that I put on my deck under the entire smoker.  My first smoking had grease running out the smoker and staining the deck wood.  I power washed it and tried to get it clean but there’s still a stain.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #696 on: Jul 21, 2018, 02:47 PM »
I'll probably find some cookie sheets that will serve to catch drippings and I have a picture in my brain of a work station positioned next to the Weber that will accommodate he smoker as well. I'm guessing that will be built tomorrow👍

Just took the ribs out of the Foil and coated them with the BBQ sauce. They're back in the smoker for another hour along with some nailed potatoes with olive oil, seasoned salt and garlic.

They're looking pretty spectacular.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #697 on: Jul 21, 2018, 04:19 PM »
I'll probably find some cookie sheets that will serve to catch drippings.

Rg

Way to much cleaning bs
Need throw away tin foil pans
Use the 2-8 X
And then toss them

But, do what you want

::)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #698 on: Jul 21, 2018, 08:35 PM »
Well...we'll see what happens with the next cook. So far It's a breeze to clean.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #699 on: Jul 22, 2018, 05:57 AM »
Looks nice Bob..... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #700 on: Jul 22, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Took a page out of RG’s playbook. Wings in the Weber, followed by a Saturday bonfire and s’mores for the neighborhood.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #701 on: Jul 22, 2018, 09:55 AM »
Nice! Good food, good company.....not much better that that.

I'm thinking about doing a brisket next. I'd appreciate any tips you experienced smokers have to offer.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #702 on: Jul 22, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Yea
Me too Bob
I’m gonna watch this thread on this.
Thanks

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #703 on: Jul 22, 2018, 12:18 PM »
Nice! Good food, good company.....not much better that that.

I'm thinking about doing a brisket next. I'd appreciate any tips you experienced smokers have to offer.

Rg

I am not that far along in my Weber skills quite yet. That’s after I master St Louis Ribs, which won’t be until at least a week from today

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #704 on: Jul 22, 2018, 01:13 PM »
BRISKET
Smoked or barbequed brisket is going to take 12-14 hours to cook. You can't rush good brisket!

If I buy a whole brisket, I separate it into a point and flat. Remove as much fat and silver skin as possible from both cuts.

I give them a good massage all over with my rub recipe at least 3 days prior to smoking and let them rest in the refrigerator until ready to cook.

Take the cuts out of the refrigerator prior to smoking and allow them to come to room temperature. Give another light once-over with rub.

I recommend 2/3 hickory and 1/3 mesquite.  The key to good brisket is "Low and slow." Cook in the smoker at 220° until an internal temperature of 145°. I flip the cuts at hour 6. Otherwise, keep the smoker closed. NO PEEKING until hour 10, then check internal temp. Once the meat hits 145°, wrap air-tight in foil until the brisket reaches 170° (~ another 2 hrs.)

Remove from smoker and let rest in the foil wrap for another hour. Slice it across the grain and have at it. I usually serve bbq sauce on the side, because it's delicious without as well!

As a side note, I only use McClard's Barbecue sauce. It's the real thing! Hot Springs, AR. President Clinton's favorite bbq. Order a bottle and give it a try. 

;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.