FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1474021 times)

stratos122

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2015
« Reply #1200 on: Mar 01, 2016, 02:24 PM »
Are we going to have an early spring?, it would be nice to catch some crappie and bluegills. Always been a favorite of mine....if high water and wind doesn't spoil things
   Looking at those temps for next week along with rain the ice will start  be going pretty quick.I'll be  getting my boat already to go for the season next week.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1201 on: Mar 01, 2016, 07:49 PM »

Dom the canal is all open , drove by it on my way to go ice fishing , trout fishing in the streams before the boat hits the water for this ol buzzard

Dug1898

« Reply #1202 on: Mar 02, 2016, 08:05 AM »
Hey Longhunter, I stopped in here to see if there's any fingerlakes open water action and I'm glad you made it here. You'll like these guys, they crack me up sometimes. Too bad the ice was soo crappy for you guys this year...we never had those problems years ago when you lived on the lake and you let me leave my tundra and shanty in your front yard on the ice and let me stay at your house for a week at a time if I wanted to...good times for sure, then my back crapped out and you moved and everything changed. :( But, spring is in the air and you'll be out there chasing the gills and such pretty soon...I'll see you soon for the you know what...Shhh  ;D
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

mcully

« Reply #1203 on: Mar 06, 2016, 04:53 PM »
Tried canal for half hour Saturday. Nothing yet.

longhunter

« Reply #1204 on: Mar 07, 2016, 07:01 AM »
Doug, good seeing you sat nite for Jessie's b'day, did you look over all those photos? Till today she keeps reminding me, Dad we've only got nine, we need to get the limit, it was so rough that day I didn't want to be out any longer. 36 yrs ago....wow what memories.

tommylavee

« Reply #1205 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Just started fishing Oneida last year.  Looking forward to getting more open water action this year.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1206 on: Mar 09, 2016, 03:30 AM »
Tried canal for half hour Saturday. Nothing yet.
What method did you try ,there should be some fish up in there because the ice bite has been good off the beach for the last 2 plus weeks , now that I'm done ice fishing Oneida , I can start jigging ,

mcully

« Reply #1207 on: Mar 09, 2016, 05:47 AM »
What method did you try ,there should be some fish up in there because the ice bite has been good off the beach for the last 2 plus weeks , now that I'm done ice fishing Oneida , I can start jigging ,
Used blade. Only half an hour and I couldn't cast where I wanted to due to ice. Bringing jigs and blades next trip soon. Should be something headed up the creek. If snug opens up before Monday may drop the boat in.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1208 on: Mar 09, 2016, 05:48 AM »
Used blade. Only half an hour and I couldn't cast where I wanted to due to ice. Bringing jigs and blades next trip soon. Should be something headed up the creek. If snug opens up before Monday may drop the boat in.
Well maybe I will see you there

greenhornet73

« Reply #1209 on: Mar 09, 2016, 06:48 PM »
As I drove by the canal Sunday morning after ice fishing I saw the canal was crusted over for the most part with only the lakeside end opened up.  I thought about pulling over to jig for a few but not with such a small area to work with.  Vertical jigging the wall should be good right now with the walleye bite being as steady as it had been on that end of the lake.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #1210 on: Mar 10, 2016, 07:42 AM »
Any reports on whether the ice is gone from the east end?  Thanks, oc
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

filetandrelease

« Reply #1211 on: Mar 10, 2016, 07:48 AM »
Any reports on whether the ice is gone from the east end?  Thanks, oc
I doubt the ice is gone I was walking on it day before yesterday was about 8"and fading fast ,  I'm sure with this rain today will do a number on it , canal is open though

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #1212 on: Mar 10, 2016, 07:58 AM »
I doubt the ice is gone I was walking on it day before yesterday was about 8"and fading fast ,  I'm sure with this rain today will do a number on it , canal is open though

Thanks, so I assume the east most boat launch is still locked up then?  Hoping to get the boat in Saturday.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

filetandrelease

« Reply #1213 on: Mar 10, 2016, 09:04 AM »
Thanks, so I assume the east most boat launch is still locked up then?  Hoping to get the boat in Saturday.
The one up in the river maybe open I don't launch down there so I'm not much help sorry
Ask one of the Guys that do launch down there ,  I'm sure one of the fellas can help out   , there was a small boat in the canal the other day

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #1214 on: Mar 10, 2016, 09:31 AM »
Thanks filet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.