FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gas prices  (Read 7627 times)

addicted2ice

Gas prices
« on: May 14, 2008, 09:17 AM »
I put 10 gallons in my truck and 10 in my boat last night, and it cost me 80 dollars.  This is really going to slow my fishing this year.  I had planned on going over to Linwood this weekend for a trip out on the bay but its going to cost me about $120 in gas alone this really sucks.

jjmoser

• Stand in line for your golden salmon
Re: Gas prices
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:28 AM »
yea I feel ya no relief in sight.  Also it is really starting to tic me off when I am in the slow lane speed control set at 60 trying to save on gas and some person behind me in a gas guzzling suv is honking and swerving at me.  I want to get a sticker on my car that states "yes I am going sixty but have you seen the gas prices". 

WMUAngler

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 09:43 AM »
I hear you.  I'm cancelling my cable and my gym membership for the summer so I have a little more money to put gas in the new-to-me boat. 

Although I was completely against the war in Iraq, I was at least hoping that it would secure us some decent gas prices.  Instead it seems to be a big Lose-Lose situation.  :(

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 12:30 PM »
I've never been one to bit** about gas prices.  But this is getting WAY out of hand!!!!!  $98 to fill the truck yesterday, dont even wanna know what it would cost to fill the boat!!!  I'll just keep dumpin $50 in it at a time and hope to GOD that we stay busy at work!!!
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

minnowreaper

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 01:09 PM »
this is absolutely outrageous,dont know how gb and his croneys sleep at night,they are probably tired from figuring out the days profits :o :cursing:

troutchaser

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 01:54 PM »
  yeah, i work 4 united van lines and a packing contractor, i drive from milton mills nh  to  portland maine everyday  cost me about 30 bucks each day in my van, never mind my box truck.   ill have to give up something else before i give up my fishing gas   yes it does stink

WMUAngler

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 08:52 AM »
this is absolutely outrageous,dont know how gb and his croneys sleep at night,they are probably tired from figuring out the days profits :o :cursing:

I hear that they sleep very well; on the finest beds that oil money can buy.  >:(

I'm actually considering biking to work this summer to save money. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy a decent bike because gas is too d-mn expensive.  Oh the irony of it all!  :(

herefishyfishyfishy

• A.K.A. Ice Diva
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 10:04 AM »
just got back from north carolina and gas was 3.42 I couldn't believe how much it jumped!! I did hit fennessey just before I left, and oh man the bass were biting .... chompers, one of my favorites for bass) almost every cast..  hittin the St. mary's over memorial day for walleyes. it is usually really good... leavin for Munising tonite for a couple of days.. haven't been on much.. hope everyone is catchin fish.... with gas prices.. I will be in the kayak or canoe all summer using good ole physical labor to get me to my spots!!!!!!!  probably look like popeye by labor day ;D

Muddragon

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 06:37 AM »
I hear ya on the gas. My 3/4ton is KILLING me right now. 100 miles to school round trip, 30 miles to work roundtrip, and 11mpg whether I'm empty or pulling house, and all at $3.89 - you do the math. This will be the first year I'll really appreciate my 50hp Johnson. Maybe I'll try and add a few more batteries for the trolling motor and just use that.
Set The Steel!!!!!!!!!!

Rumrunner

• I think we're leanin'........
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 10:03 AM »
Psychological?

Only when it hit 3.99 did sabres start to rattle.  THe funny thing is that when its 3.69.....it was just "high".  Now at 4 bucks...."OH MY GOD...Thats outrageous!" 

30 cents.....my beast has a 28 gallon tank.....About 8 bucks more....is it going to keep me from fishing?  No.  Does it make me more aware of how much I drive?  Yup.  I dont drive faster than 65 on the highway.  I cant tell you how long its been since the beast has seen 2000RPM on takeoff unless on a hill...LOL  I drive like a grandpa and My Expedition gets around 18 on the highway and 13-14 on the city streets.  My driving is about 60% city.... 

ITs gonna some help....Im looking to get a motorcycle.   Found an old Classic Ricer for 500 bucks.  Bet I make that up in gas this summer alone.

M.I.R.C.

twintrades

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Just bought a scooter Band new for $1200. It takes longer getting to work (8min) but hell for 100mpg ill drive 35mph for 6 miles on the highway. :D

troutchaser

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 10:40 AM »
as not cool as they are i bet alot of people will go to mopeds instead of cars,   probably be  good buisness to start up     moped rentals

fishinboots

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 12:04 PM »
up here in jay maine gas is 3.67

jjmoser

• Stand in line for your golden salmon
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 04:30 PM »
I wish i would of kept my old CBR cycle, I mention it to my wife about getting another one and she says no way.  I bet it's easier to come into a marrige with something like that rather than trying to get one once married......hmmmm note to self.  Best thing I did for my fishing is buy my kayak.  Only been out twice with the baot and and over 10 times in the kayak and saved probly over 100 dollars so far.  About 50 more times and I will have paid for it.   I will get it done :laugh:

arthur

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 08:40 PM »

Although I was completely against the war in Iraq, I was at least hoping that it would secure us some decent gas prices.  Instead it seems to be a big Lose-Lose situation.  :(

Amen.

Most of my fishing is done in rowboats, but I still drive as much as 40min each way to some of them.

I paid 4.15 a gallon today. It's getting like Europe.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.