FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Two Lights shore fishing advice?  (Read 2319 times)

fishreaper

Two Lights shore fishing advice?
« on: Jun 02, 2018, 09:42 PM »
Hey all, I'll be coming to Portland for my nephew's high school graduation the weekend of June 6. Looking to squeeze in a fishing trip, I'm thinking I can shore fish out of Two Lights State Park for a couple 3 hrs. Anyone have any advice? I'm assuming casting lures from the rocks would be best? Any advice on lures or what should I use? Or is there a better spot to go fish for 3 hrs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

fish wayniac

Re: Two Lights shore fishing advice?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2018, 08:31 AM »
Pm sent!

Twolightskid

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Small harbor pollock are very numerous around the rocks, usually 6-12” long. Use a sabiki, small spoon, or a bit of mackerel under a bobber to catch a couple, then liveline them under a balloon just off the rocks.  No need to cast far, most fish are within 10-20 yards from shore. 

You could also just fish a larger chunk of mackerel under a bobber for stripers, or cast plugs or sluggos if you are able to get there at dawn or dusk. 

It’s a bit early for that spot, but there should at least be some schoolies around. 

fishreaper

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2018, 08:14 PM »
Thanks guys, the help is very much appreciated. Are the mackerel around of decent size this early in the season? A striper would be a real bonus as well!

Swampking89

« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2018, 04:07 PM »
You guys ever shore fish near wells? Heading up 4th of July week.any help would be welcomed.thanks!!

fishreaper

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2018, 08:20 PM »
Thanks to everyone who gave me helpful info! I made the trip to Two Lights... did just as everyone said; used a sabiki rig, caught a small harbor pollock very quickly. Got it on a hook under a balloon and got it out there. Could not get it to stay outside the breakers in deep water, eventually it washed into the rocks and lost the rig. Caught another small pollock, got it out and finally maneuvered it so it would stay outside the break into the deeper water. About 30 minutes later, looked up and the balloon was screaming toward deep water making a big ole wake!!!! I let it run a ways, decided it was time and closed the bail, hauled back, and ....... nothing.

I may have invented some new words....

Floated another rig for another 3 hrs and no more takers. But again, grateful for everyone's help and I will be back! Thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.