MFF US Northeast > Maine
Fly line for Landlocked Salmon
<< < (2/4) > >>
troutaddict33:
awsome... i guess ill be doing that tomorrow and maybe leave one with floating for a bit since i have been getting hits on it and they look up of course. thanks for the help
FLAG:
I use the Salmon Trolling Level Line from Cortland. Works great ;)
Yukon Steve:
I was told the Cortland 333+ (salmon trolling line) works well so I just spooled up with it.
TightLines:

--- Quote from: troutaddict33 on Apr 17, 2008, 09:25 PM ---awsome... i guess ill be doing that tomorrow and maybe leave one with floating for a bit since i have been getting hits on it and they look up of course. thanks for the help

--- End quote ---
The guy I fish with uses on floating with two splitshots on a 15' floro leader and one full sinking with a 15' leader and does good on both. The longer the leader the higher your fly will run. I find the sinking runs about 8' down but a 20' leader bring the fly up about 3'. I run very close to shore in shallow water and don't tend to hook bottom unless I get less that 5' of water. Hope it helps.
FLAG:

--- Quote from: Yukon Steve on Apr 18, 2008, 07:34 AM ---I was told the Cortland 333+ (salmon trolling line) works well so I just spooled up with it.

--- End quote ---

you can't go wrong with that ;)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version