FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Box Butte  (Read 15684 times)

wyo10

Re: Box Butte
« Reply #30 on: Apr 07, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Hey guys I'm heading to box on Saturday, never fished for pike, any pointers, do I need steel leaders or what's a good setup? Any help is appreciated, thanks

Fishingnerd33

« Reply #31 on: Apr 07, 2012, 06:30 PM »
Spinnerbaits, rapala floaters, husky jerks, big beetle spins, anything flashy will catch northerns up there.  Be prepared to catch a bunch in the 20-24" range.  Green is a good color.  I've had just as much success without a leader as with, I usually have 20-30lb braid and have had maybe two or three bite offs.  Another option to a steel leader is a heavy 20-30 lb fluorocarbon leader.  Good luck, let us know how you do!

wyo10

« Reply #32 on: Apr 09, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Hey thanks for the help, don't plan on keeping any just want to try something new, and what better than trying for pike!! So if its small pikes all day or none at all ill take that over work and sitting at home being a couch bum  ;D

hammerhandle41

« Reply #33 on: Apr 16, 2012, 05:03 PM »
How was the fishing at Box? I'm planning on heading down there early next week.

wyo10

« Reply #34 on: Apr 29, 2012, 04:11 AM »
It wasn't bad, cat fished all night no luck, that morning hit and between my dad and I we caught about 30 pike and 3 small mouth with biggest was 2.5lb. We waded out in water and just fished with a big red and white daredevil. And also a dozen of carp we snagged. I like that lake. Definately going back for sure! As soon as I figure out this iPhone 4 I'll post some of the pics!

t_fish969

« Reply #35 on: Jul 18, 2012, 10:43 AM »
Any word on how box is fishing currently?

Jynx

« Reply #36 on: Aug 07, 2012, 12:19 PM »
just an update on water conditions,  deepest spot I could find yesterday was 22 ft,  it looks like theres 8-9 ft before the outlet grate will be at the surface level, and they are letting water out like mad right now.   the tree canopy to Hunter's point access is not only out of the water, but theres about 4 foot of land visible in front of the trees, the House that is west of the West is a mud flat now, and the fish dont seem to be biting.......

Jynx.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.