FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone tried the new Sufix 832 superline?  (Read 12980 times)

Inwellb4light

Anyone tried the new Sufix 832 superline?
« on: Mar 22, 2011, 12:30 PM »
Used it on one of my ice rods this year and was pretty impressed very smooth and limp.  Excited to give it a try on the soft water.  Has anyone tried it on a spinning reel and how has it preformed for you casting / jigging / rigging??
I tend to think of "LUCK" as the point at which preparation meets opportunity...

slipperybob

Re: Anyone tried the new Sufix 832 superline?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2011, 06:11 AM »
I have a couple of baitcasting reels spooled up with the stuff.  I haven't fished with it, but only tossed it around in the back yard.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

the jigs up

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:44 PM »
I hope it works well. I found it on sale for 15 bucks, half price.

I bought two spools 10 and 20 lbs. I plan on using it on my spinning rods with fluorocarbon leaders. Soon will know as Walleye opener is in 2 weeks.

I will re post with my success hopefully.
BORN TO FISH...FORCED TO WORK... TO PAY FOR FISHING...

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Yeah, I found the same sale and loaded up with 4 spools. I was in a local tackle shop and the owner claimed that this stuff was releases by Suffix a few years ago and did not take off, not it has been released with some hype and is selling like mad

Captain1978

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2011, 08:49 PM »
I have it on my rod.  Spinning reel. Let me tell ya, Suffix casted a mile...This stuff casts 3 miles. It's a little thinner and is smooth man. I love it. Same great strength. Same great sensitivity.  Small lures even go for a lift off. And I use 30lb test. $15 half price? I got mine for $20...Same price as original Suffix.  You won't be disappointed.
El Capitano

the jigs up

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2011, 09:05 PM »
 $15 half price? I got mine for $20...Same price as original Suffix.  You won't be disappointed.
[/quote]

As Bass Junkey will attest...Canadian prices.... regular price around 27 bucks I think, got it for $14.99 on sale at Canadian Tire

I'm glad to here positive feedback

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2011, 07:12 AM »
yep, the Canadian Tire sale of $14.99 had the shelves clearing out quickly, the cheapest I have seen it in my area (other then that sale) is $24.99

the jigs up

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Tried the Suffix 832 on Pickerel opener and found it to be great. I didn't do mush casting but I found it to have nice sensitivity and smooth.

slipperybob

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 11:50 AM »
It's been a while and the line is working out well.  It floats well when using topwater lures.  It sinks well when using diving/sinking type lures.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

OTIS

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:20 PM »
Just bought some 6# yesterday to put on my live rigging setup.  I'll let y'all know what I think once I've had a chance to use it.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2011, 03:07 PM »
Fished it for one week on a fly in float plane trip we caught 1000 eyes and the line at the end of the week was as good as the first day , no knots no birds nest, no memory would recommend this line to everyone.I personally think its better than power pro size for size. Its a little pricey, I take off about half of what ever line is on the reel and fill it with the new line this way you can do more reels with the good stuff :thumbup_smilie:
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

TheDL

« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2011, 03:21 PM »
Yep - the stuff is dynamite!   ;D Just bought some more due to a hungry trolling motor  ::)
Best line I've ever used!  Even the 20lb is soft and supple, casts well, no memory, EXTREMELY sensitive and abrasion resistant.  The green "dye" does come off a little...but no more than others I've found.  Can't beat it...even at 24.99/125 yd spool.
tight lines....

OTIS

« Reply #12 on: Aug 12, 2011, 06:39 AM »
I agree, I liked it so much I went out and bought another spool.  I'm using the 6# for jigging walleyes with bucktails and sonars.  It's very sensitive and extremely durable.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

pot-belly-pike

« Reply #13 on: Jun 21, 2015, 10:18 PM »
Otis   I thought you like  fireline #6     when did you change up ????
Smile it makes others wonder what your up to

~:+)

oh no fish-on i gotta get fishin

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2015, 06:54 PM »
I use the #6 for jigging and 10lb for Pike with a good steel leader 832 is at the top of the game right now.going to be hard to beat
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.