FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This weeks pick??  (Read 77629 times)

grumpymoe

Re: This weeks pick??
« Reply #285 on: Sep 16, 2006, 07:47 PM »
NO, you cant run anytrack without a front end
...and which track would that be Arch?  :D  seem to recall Biffle with a patched up front end at Daytona with tape flying all over the place staying in the lead draft...granted, he couldnt move out and pass anybody, but he hung onto the car.....Talladega....another place that cars get torn up alot....ever watch them come back out and run laps?....they may not finish the race, but they certainly keep up with minimum speed mandated by Nascar.....Grump

archbishop

« Reply #286 on: Sep 16, 2006, 08:03 PM »
grump? are you saying you can run any track without a front end? and a taped up or patched front end is different than NO front end :-\ yeah there are tracks where other things are more important than areo, AS I SAID, but when your in the draft its a different story, get bumped out of line and your toast, more so than a normal car, unless your gordon who can win without help and drive away by himself ;)  areo is important, there are some tracks, such as short tracks, and road courses where its not as important, but the majority will put you at or below minimum speed without a front end :tipup:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #287 on: Sep 17, 2006, 07:11 AM »
Wow, I guess I have been away for a bit.  :P

but when your in the draft its a different story, get bumped out of line and your toast, more so than a normal car, unless your gordon who can win without help and drive away by himself ;) 

How many seconds was Jr out front of the field at the last race at Datona? I think it was 5 seconds, BY HIMSELF! :o

ANYHOO. I am very impressed by the RCR resurgance, this could be a solid weekend for all 3 of them boys.

Early on, it looks like the Harvick and Gordon show, but we all know how the dynamics change throughout the race. I hated to do it, but I picked Shrub to win the race. :-[ I guess you could say I picked youth and enthusiasm over age and treachery. Harvick was picked first and Kenseth was picked second, ( I have never picked Jeff Gordon in fantasy and I never will). BTW, Gordon was picked 14th. :o

Mike

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #288 on: Sep 18, 2006, 02:58 PM »
I actually believe this is a very hard race to pick. My gut tells me that it will be either JJ or Burton in victory lane. It will be interesting to see how Schrub, McMuarray, and Biffle race. They are all stellar Dover racers.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #289 on: Sep 18, 2006, 03:26 PM »
I actually believe this is a very hard race to pick. My gut tells me that it will be either JJ or Burton in victory lane. It will be interesting to see how Schrub, McMuarray, and Biffle race. They are all stellar Dover racers.

Mike

i think johnson and lil' Busch have to come up big, or the last 8 races will be practice for next year :tipup:

i just cant see Burton doing anything, they need to work on the second half of the race for his car ??? it seems week after week he is in the top 5 all race, then the last 1-200 laps, he falls back, still good top 10-15 finishes, but they need to do something? maybe they are over compensating for the changes in the track, i don't know ??? he is a good driver, but they need to figure something out :tipup:

Newman won 3 of the last 6 at Dover and Johnson won 3 of the last 9, Gordon has 4 wins, but not since '01 :-\ as i look through the stats here, i see alot of wins 2 in a row and 3 out of 4 race winners, so Kenseth won the June race, and Johnson won this race last year ???

last year Gordon got in an accident and finished in 37th :'( but so did Kenseth and JR (35th and 31st)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #290 on: Sep 18, 2006, 03:36 PM »
last year Gordon got in an accident and finished in 37th :'( but so did Kenseth and JR (35th and 31st)

Didn't he get wrecked by Stewart, or was that the Spring race. Ok, I remember, that was the spring race.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #291 on: Sep 18, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Didn't he get wrecked by Stewart, or was that the Spring race. Ok, I remember, that was the spring race.

Mike

i dont remember last year? but Gordon finished 12th in the spring :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #292 on: Sep 19, 2006, 10:36 PM »
does anyone know what this is about? i didnt see the interview ???

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/09/19/jburton_rcr_speed/index.html

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #293 on: Sep 20, 2006, 12:49 PM »
I did not see the interview either, I did read that article. They don't make the news, they just report it. :sick: It was prolly an offhand remark because of Berriers sketchy past. :pinch: Dillweed, I mean Dillner just thought that he could make it news. :cookoo:

Mike :blink:

BTW, I went with Burton this week. 4th in the spring and I couldn't pick Harvick or Kenseth.

archbishop

« Reply #294 on: Sep 20, 2006, 01:36 PM »
i just didnt know if anyone heard any truth of it or anything, most likely like you said, its just someone trying to get headlines ??? but boy if its true, someone is in some deep :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #295 on: Sep 24, 2006, 03:48 PM »
JEFF BURTON :o wow, how long has it been ???

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: CONGRATS TO THE 31 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

im glad to see him in victory lane for the first time in forever :thumbup_smilie:

did i mention gordon is in 2nd and only 6 points out of 2nd ;) ;D

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #296 on: Sep 24, 2006, 07:47 PM »
BTW, I went with Burton this week. 4th in the spring and I couldn't pick Harvick or Kenseth.

I have to toot my own horn on this call. I have been quietly pulling for Burton all year. I have always viewed him as an excellent driver and a Class Act. This is a great win in a great year for him.  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: This pick also got me good points in Fantasy and $35 towards my fantasy dues. (costs $180 for the year, $5 a week)

did i mention gordon is in 2nd and only 6 points out of 2nd ;) ;D

Get your story straight FACTBOY!!!! Gordon jumped 2 to 2nd, 6 points out of 1st. :rotflol: :wacko: :police:

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #297 on: Sep 25, 2006, 07:56 AM »
Get your story straight FACTBOY!!!! Gordon jumped 2 to 2nd, 6 points out of 1st. :rotflol: :wacko: :police:

Mike

lol, you know what i meant, 6 points out of first ;)

toot your own horn ??? hell go ahead and pull for mccmurray next, eventually youll get one right :cookoo:

your right though, burton is a class act, i am glad to see him in victory lane again :tipup: i mean look at the guy, if the commentators didnt remind you he was in the chase you wouldnt even pay attention to the guy, yet there he is, in first place 2 races into the chase ??? did you guys see his wife when kenseth ran out of gas, i think she wanted this more than him :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #298 on: Sep 25, 2006, 09:48 PM »
oh, now i see whats up with vickers, i just read on NASCAR.com that the little cry baby was locked out of meetings by hendrick motorsports before the chase :'( what did he expect, they were going to give him all there little chase secrets from 3 drivers that are in the chase so he can run off to toyota with them ??? so now he considers himself a one man team and isnt going to listen to anyone :-\ they said that rick is a loyal person and let vickers finish this year with them so he had a place to race until next year :-\ boy i bet hje's kicking himself now, he should have got rid of vickers earlier and got mears in there ASAP, he would have gotten rid of the rotten apple, and got a "teamate" in there, and also would have helped mears get used to things for the 2007 season :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #299 on: Sep 26, 2006, 12:08 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.