FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Runaway dog  (Read 942 times)

junior88

• Captain Insano Shows No Mercy !
Runaway dog
« on: Aug 09, 2009, 07:44 PM »
My pit-bull mix is one year old. "Nundo" will just take off like a bat out of hell with out looking back. Now I live outside of town on a couple acres, surrounded by farms and some wood plots. I have a Chocolat lab that never has been leashed and has not wandered until Nundo arrived. Tonight the police and local dog warden had the two of them in custody at a concert in the park a couple miles down the road. I dont know if I was more upset or embarrassed. Anyhow, Nundo has not been neutered as of yet. Will this stop his urge to take off like this ? He has the basic training, stop,sit, stay, come, etc. Until he decides its time to run. He's a good dog with the kids, and is a companion for the lab, so I dont to give up on him just yet. I have considered shock collar training.

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
Re: Runaway dog
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2009, 08:25 PM »
This is how I trained my dog also a pitbull mix with a Boxer. I would let him out to do what ever. When I wanted him to come in I would whistle. Its a specific whistle that he knows. If he didnt come back, I would go find him. An *** whoopin insude there after. Now if he is taking the biggest crap in his life he will pinch it off and come running back to me when I whistle. Im not a dog beater by any means but pits/boxers are hard headed and you have to put your foot down. I trained mine when he was a pup also. Ive never used a shocker. Put him on a long lead and let him shoot off. When he is good into it say your command and stop  him hard. A few times of that and he will learn that your specific command is what matters. Thats my dog "Cena" in my avatar.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.