FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 43005 times)

gotagetm

Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #435 on: Aug 14, 2023, 12:13 PM »
That stinks bob...I seen that smash and grab on news in California...makes me angry ..because if caught ...right back on street ..I wish they'd bring " shock camps back" my buddy went yo one in early 80s and he came back a totally different person ...to the good and is till this day !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #436 on: Aug 14, 2023, 02:01 PM »
Yeah, they did a crash and grab at the atv,  motorcycle dealer across the street from me a month ago. Stole a car, crashed the overhead door with it  and loaded $100k worth of bikes and atv’s into a box truck. Hit it twice in one night. Didn’t have enough…so…they came back. Very organized.

Gang activity. Sad state of affairs.

They’re pretty sure it was someone with knowledge who robbed the maintenance shop. No signs of a break in. Someone who had a key and targeted certain items. Locks get changed tomorrow. Hope it’s soon enough.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #437 on: Aug 14, 2023, 02:19 PM »
That really sucks Bob. Hope they caught them on camera..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #438 on: Aug 14, 2023, 03:33 PM »
No cameras as.yet. That'll change.Quickly!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #439 on: Aug 14, 2023, 04:14 PM »
No cameras as.yet. That'll change.Quickly!

Yea Bob.
No excuse in this day and age for any company to not to have cameras; private citizens too.
I cannot believe their insurance company doesn't insist on them.
I have 2 Google Nest cameras down here on my place and they cost me only $200.
4k video in color for daytime video and B&W thermal imaging that would blow you away at night in the dark.
Up north we had 4 cameras.
The Nest stuff is supper cheap and awesome quality.
Monthly subscriptions are stupid cheap making is simply dumb not to have them.

I laugh when they post photos of bank robbers, etc. in the paper or on the tube and you cannot make out the person's features, etc.
Stupid banks are using ancient technology!!!  Dumb!
My cameras here are incredible and not expensive as I said.
Banks and businesses should have even better equipment than I have.

Sorry your son's place got broken into, but they should have had surveillance equipment.
Sometimes, that's all the deterrent you need to avoid trouble.
You don't even need power - they have batteries for night and operate on solar for charging and power during the day.

The tiny local corner Chinese take-out place has cameras.  LOL

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #440 on: Aug 14, 2023, 06:42 PM »
Well, the point is that it wasn’t broken in to. Someone with a key got into the building. it’s a 100 year old course next year. Never had an incident like this before. Can’t blame them for being complacent.

I’m with my son on this. Rather find out who than fret about what if’s.

Mac Attack

« Reply #441 on: Aug 14, 2023, 07:29 PM »
Agreed Bob.
Our place on Erie was similar.
Every winter things in the park went missing or became vandalized for a few years.
The owner would complain and tell us we had to stop handing out the gate code to people.
Come to find out, he had personally given out key cards to dozens, maybe even hundreds, of people over the years.
He had tons of opportunities to change the code and even make the old key cards null and void, but he didn't.
It was insane for a bit.

Gotta change the locks, install cameras, make sure that your insurance is proper, and anything else to secure your property.
Tons of nasty people out there that wants what you worked hard for, and they don't want to earn it.

I hope he finds the perpetrator(s) and takes corrective action.
Good luck!

lowaccord66

« Reply #442 on: Sep 05, 2023, 10:02 PM »
Yea Bob.
No excuse in this day and age for any company to not to have cameras; private citizens too.
I cannot believe their insurance company doesn't insist on them.
I have 2 Google Nest cameras down here on my place and they cost me only $200.
4k video in color for daytime video and B&W thermal imaging that would blow you away at night in the dark.
Up north we had 4 cameras.
The Nest stuff is supper cheap and awesome quality.
Monthly subscriptions are stupid cheap making is simply dumb not to have them.

I laugh when they post photos of bank robbers, etc. in the paper or on the tube and you cannot make out the person's features, etc.
Stupid banks are using ancient technology!!!  Dumb!
My cameras here are incredible and not expensive as I said.
Banks and businesses should have even better equipment than I have.

Sorry your son's place got broken into, but they should have had surveillance equipment.
Sometimes, that's all the deterrent you need to avoid trouble.
You don't even need power - they have batteries for night and operate on solar for charging and power during the day.

The tiny local corner Chinese take-out place has cameras.  LOL

A supermarket in my state has cameras and facial recognition ability now.  News made a big deal about it and peoples privacy.  Banks (if not already) will not be far behind in adopting the same technology.

Mac Attack

« Reply #443 on: Sep 05, 2023, 10:46 PM »
A supermarket in my state has cameras and facial recognition ability now.  News made a big deal about it and peoples privacy.  Banks (if not already) will not be far behind in adopting the same technology.

My 2 cameras here at my house have facial recognition.

Look up Google Nest cameras.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #444 on: Sep 06, 2023, 12:19 PM »
It’ll be the death of us.

Mac Attack

« Reply #445 on: Sep 06, 2023, 03:49 PM »
Forgot to tell you Bob.
I'm employed again.
They couldn't find anyone to replace me after I left.
Been asking me to consider coming back as an engineering consultant, on a 1099 basis.
They finally wore me down.
I work from down here, don't have to deal with any customers, no travel, my terms.
I turn in an invoice at the end of the month and they direct deposit my pay.
I get my first paycheck tomorrow.
We will see how it works out.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #446 on: Sep 06, 2023, 03:53 PM »
Now that’s what I’m talking about! Way to be indispensable……for profit. Just watch your taxes.

Happy for you bud!

Mac Attack

« Reply #447 on: Sep 06, 2023, 06:43 PM »
Now that’s what I’m talking about! Way to be indispensable……for profit. Just watch your taxes.

Happy for you bud!

I'm getting a LOT per hour, so taxes won't be an issue.
Besides, I don't want to work that much to be honest.

Thanks.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #448 on: Oct 19, 2023, 04:19 PM »
Getting to the end of the golf course season. I’m ok with that. I’m ready to fish and play in the wood shop.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #449 on: Oct 28, 2023, 11:36 AM »
Well, today was supposed to be my last day on the course. But, we got bombarded with a cold front, high winds and driving rain this morning. So I may be back at it tomorrow, if the weather cooperates.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.